Friday, March 8, 2013

LAST NIGHTS STOMRY SUNSET


We had a volatile sunset last night. Huge clouds moved in right before sunset. The sky was stormy and angry. As the sun started to sink the clouds absorbed the colors. It was quite a spiritual display.

Today we have low gray clouds with the promise of a sun filled day. We will see.......

We so enjoyed our steak dinner last night. I have not seared up a sirloin steak for a few years preferring other cuts. But this steak had amazing flavor. I know the rub on the outside certainly punched up the flavor but overall it was a delicious steak.

Tonight I am preparing grilled mild Italian sausages and red potatoes with the skins on sliced on the mandoline and fried with onions to be served along a side of sauerkraut  My husband loves a meal like this and we have at least five different kinds of mustard in the fridge to dunk that sausage in. I venture to say we probably have more condiments in our fridge than the average Joe. That man of mine is a condiment junkie. The entire door is filled with them as well there are jars and bottles tucked into whatever available shelf space there is. 

We are going to be purchasing a pickup this spring or summer. Hubby needs something to pull his fishing boat with. We used to tow it behind the motorcoach but as we sold that the boat stays put in the side yard. He does not want to use his work van and I do not want my SUV used for pulling the boat. So a truck is in order and then we will take our time scouting for a short travel trailer with a slide. We do miss going camping. There are several lakes and camping places close by so it is easy to escape and leave the city and suburbs for a few days. It is nice that we can go during the week and miss the crowds. That is one perk of working for yourself.

My guy got home earlier than I expected him to yesterday. I just nicely had settled down on one of deck chairs to read and I heard his voice, "I'm home".
It was so lovely yesterday I kept the back door open to the screen door for most of the afternoon to let that fresh bright air ease into the house.
I do not know what I would do if I did not have screen doors. We have one for the front door as well. I love them. I am not talking sliding glass doors with screens nor storm doors. We have old fashioned screen doors period. Sadly they do need to be replaced. I would imagine they were installed when the house was built which was sixteen years ago.  So new screen doors is going to be a goal of mine this summer. Hubby has been putting it off as he dislikes installing them. But at this point it is a must so no more procrastination Mr. Kasza!

Well my dryer's obnoxious buzzer has been rattling my brain for the past few minutes so I must get back to my laundry.

Today is Friday and the weekend is on it's way. Have a good one.



No comments:

Post a Comment