Monday, March 25, 2013

OH TUSCANY


Posted by PicasaThis is a beautiful photo of the Tuscan region in Italy. I posted this photo today as I may be off to McMinnville wine country with Bend gal pals this spring. We will stay at the McMenamins Hotel there. I have stayed there a couple times in the past with my hubby. It is a great old hotel and claims to be haunted. We did not see or hear a thing in our room but maybe the ghosts were not roaming about at that time.


My daughter will be here in two days now. I am almost ready for her visit. We were in the midst of some re-do's in our home as you know. We are now put back together. I do so dislike the house in disarray. 
Yesterday my sweet husband vacuumed all the hardwood floors and then I cleaned them. 
I need get out and spruce up the deck today. It is a mess from the wind we had the other day. I have not bought even one posy yet as the weather is just not warm to be enjoying the deck. I was hoping when Gina was here we could be outdoors getting some sun and soaking up the warmth of spring sun.

Tomorrow I must run for fresh ingredients for the food I am preparing.
For one evening I am preparing Chicken Picatta as it is a favorite of mine. I have not made it for my daughter. I will serve steamed asparagus along side. I know the chicken recipe by heart as we have it quite often and I did not want to be struggling with a unfamiliar recipe after sipping wine. I have done that before and lets just say that does not work out to well.
I will making a French lemon tart tomorrow that will be served with whipped cream. I have made this tart before and it is a zap for your senses.  There is a lot of fresh lemon and also lemon zest.
We are hoping to do brunch one day also. I have ranchero sauce made from our fresh tomatoes last year in the freezer. So the dish will be quite easy to put together. Some from scratch re-fried beans, softened corn tortillas and soft fried eggs all topped with ranchero. For drinks we will have mimosas.
So there will be much to look forward to in the food department.

Today is to be sixty but it surely does not look that way at the present. There is blue sky scattered about but gray clouds clutter the sky also. 

My husband is back on a job site today. It worked out well that he was home for a week so he could take care of his honey-do list. I kept him very busy and all looks so nice. He is a very handy fellow.

I need to close and get "my" list of to-do's done for the day.
Have a happy Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment