Tuesday, March 12, 2013

LAUNDRY REMODEL

Today the laundry remodel has started. I am going to paint the white walls a gold/brown called sand biscuit. That will look amazing with all the different grains in the wide hickory wood floor that hubby is installing and finishing. We are going to use some kind of industrial surfacing for the counter tops and replace the sadly stained laundry sink. I found a perfect piece of art for the room. It is on stretched canvas and is a faded yard with an old clothesline with clothes hung from wooden pins.
We ran to the home improvement store today and purchased glass tiny rectangular tiles for the area between the kitchen counter tops and the bottom of the hanging cabinets. Then we drove over to Best Buy and bought a new stainless microwave to go above our range. When we bought our stainless appliances for the kitchen a few years ago we did not get a microwave. Making those changes in the kitchen will add so much. In a year or so we are going to have our granite tile squares that hubby installed on our counters replaced with solid surface granite. Then the kitchens new face will be completed.
So now the work begins for my husband.

I started this post yesterday(Monday). So today Tuesday I am doing some running about while hubby installs the new laundry floor. It will be loud in the house with the hammering and sanding so it is good I am gone for a while.

I will go to Ross to pick up the art work for the laundry and I need to purchase some new hand towels for our master bath we just spruced up. Then on to Walmart for some staples I get there. I also need to make a stop at the office supply store and get new files and a file box for our 2012 taxes. So a busy little morning for me.

We are having lasagna tonight for dinner. We have been eating on that Tuscana soup for two nights. It is always such a treat.
Yesterday we sat for a bit on the deck in the warm bright sun and soaked it up. Oh it was lovely out. No breeze, not a stir. Clouds would come and go giving a reprieve from the penetrating spring sun. 
I fixed a small plate of sharp white cheddar,crackers and sausage picked up from the meat market earlier in the day. This sausage is a fave of ours. So lean with the right amount of spice. We just boil for a half hour and slice.
We had wine filled with ice and the little snack making for a tasty treat.

I had better take care of my to-do's this morning and get out the door.
Have a nice Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment