Wednesday, March 13, 2013

GRANDSON SETH'S 21ST BIRTHDAY TODAY


Posted by PicasaYes the youngest of my grandchildren Seth is having his 21st birthday today.
I just wrote him reminding him that I actually helped in a small way when he was born.
I was standing by the doctor when Seth started to crown and the doctor being a very kind person asked if I wanted to help guide him out. And of course I did. So our two hands held Seth's head as he came forth.
Gina was crying she was so happy and daddy Darren was half in shock I think. Good thing I was there as you would have thought Darren was the one having the baby..it was quite humorous.
So this photo is of Seth and his big sis Megan. I did not have a photo on my computer program of him alone. I have many pictures all complied in boxes of older days and I must purchase a scanner so I can get them on the computer.
Seth has always been older than his years. He is very level headed, mature beyond his years, tender and sensitive everyone in the family totally adores him. He is a really good guy. So happy birthday Seth!

Well hubby is installing the new microwave above the range. We took the old one out this morning.  I will assist when we actually put the new one in place. I cannot wait to have a pretty stainless microwave in my kitchen. Tomorrow the glass tiles will start to go up.
We are rather torn up in our home at the moment with the first coat of finish on the new hickory wood floor in the laundry. The washer and dryer are posed in the rear hallway. 
The new floor is outstanding. Hickory has lots of character. The grain is varied with interesting little curlicues and knots here and there. The finish just brings it all to life. Two more coats to go.
I had mentioned on yesterday's blog it was a oak floor. Call it a senior moment, I knew hubby had purchased hickory. A hickory floor can be a thing of beauty or it can make for a really busy floor. The key is not to use it in large area's as it is distracting. However if a highly patterned wood floor does not bother you, go for it. I myself like it in small applications.
I post on my hubby's blog about the various wood floors and applications. The next post will be about wood floor care. If anyone is interested in our business blog and website just go to aboutthehousehardwood.com

Well my help will be needed shortly so I am going to make this quick today.
I will post a photo when the kitchen is done.
Looks as if we may get sun again today. We are on a roll. Yesterday was a spring melody!

No comments:

Post a Comment