Thursday, March 7, 2013

OUR HOME IN BEND OREGON


Posted by PicasaThese are photo's of our home we built when we lived in Bend.  Of course we built other homes also and lived in them briefly before selling them. But this is the house we built for ourselves and sometimes I really do miss it. It is a beautiful home, spacious, with unique touches and we laid out the floor plan exactly to our liking.
It has three large bedrooms, two generous size full bathrooms. The master bath has a cast iron slipper tub and a tiled walk in shower. the laundry is very spacious with lots of storage, laundry sink etc.  There is a floor to ceiling river rock gas fireplace in the family room, adjacent to a gourmet kitchen with a huge walk in corner pantry and built in china cabinet with linen and silverware storage.  The living room is a nice quiet space in the front of the house with three bay windows overlooking the Deschutes river and downtown. The back area is private with a hot tub and lots of decking built around a gnarly old juniper tree. In the back depending on what time of year it is, it's quite a hub for many species of wildlife. We had a variety squirrels, quail, rabbits, deer and lots of birds. We kept food out for these little visitors and they certainly were entertaining.  So there is a lot to miss!  We were intending to build that house again when we left Bend for Portland but sadly it did not work out for us to do that.
The couple that bought our home fell madly in love with it the first time they stepped through the door in 2000. They are still there 13 years later and take immaculate care of it. That makes my heart so happy to know that we created this special home and it is so loved by them just as it was by us.

Do you know that today is a gift.  We have deep blue skies nary a cloud in sight. It was chilly this morning but now early afternoon the sun is doing it's magic and the air is warm.  I was thinking I should go out to the back deck, hose it off and clean the spa cover. However I am ready to relax. Tomorrow is another day and it is to be another lovely one.
I started the day early I was out bed at six. Got my hubby's breakfast, packed his lunch and out the door he went early. Then I did my house chores and showered and loaded my SUV full of goodies for St. Vinney's.  I cleaned out my walk in closet yesterday as it is large I use it for extra storage also. I unloaded lamps, pictures, picture frames, pillows, decor items as well as clothing. Oh, so nice now to have a orderly closet once again.
So I dropped off those items this morning and then on to grocery store, the bank, ran the rig through the car wash and stopped for some office supplies.
Then home to unload and put groceries away and have a bite to eat. I then came to the office as bills had to go out before the mailman came. So I have done enough today in my opinion.

I just put a rub on a nice piece of sirloin steak. I will fix that tonight in the cast iron skillet. We will have bakers and the first fresh spring asparagus that is now in the stores. We will gorge ourselves now on asparagus  until the season is over. We love it! 

I want to start a new book this afternoon. So my plan is to sit on the deck in the sun and read until hubby comes home which today should be about four or so.

We have made reservations at Driftwood Shores in Florence and if the weather cooperates we will keep them. We are hoping for the best. We do not want to cancel but do not want to be stuck inside the entire time while the rain thrashes into a gray churned ocean.

Well off I go to enjoy this beautiful day.
Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment