Friday, December 20, 2013

A ZOO AT THE MALL

This morning we woke as dawn pushed at the windows. My body resisted as it wanted to linger in the heat of the covers. But no time to spare for my lazybones as it's a busy day.

I went to the grocery to gather the last of needed items for our holiday meals.
Next off to the Valley River Center which is our major mall here in Eugene. Bah humbug, nary a place to park but I was lucky as I was lurking past full parking spots a van pulled out. Yes! Thank goodness for little miracles. I am rather disappointed in the gifts I bought for my husband. Though they are items I had on my list but they do not look like I envisioned them. However he will probably be pleased regardless. I also bought myself a couple badly needed tops. One for the holidays a bright royal blue sweater with a scoop neck, loose knit and very cozy. I will wear them with my skinny jeans..oh I am just so in.......laugh!!!
Back home to store the groceries and eat. Why do I not eat before going out in the morning? I come home starving almost shaking because of low blood sugar when will I ever learn? 
The rest of the afternoon is mine now to do with as I please. It is three pm so it will be a while before hubby gets home from the job site.

A flat gray sky covers our area today. It is cold and so gloomy. Everything is so messy outdoors, the leaves that remain scattered about are dirty and matted. Our deck looks bleak and unkempt as does the back yard. The hot tub cover is once again a mud mess as the coon is back. This is a big problem now. I have noticed where he crawls up there is a small tear in the cover flap. I really think as we cannot get him to leave it would be better to put the stool back there that I get in with we took it away as we did not want to encourage him. But that way he would not have to grab hold of the lid to pull himself up. We are going to put a large heavy tarp over the cover, the bar in the middle of the tub that lifts the cover should hold the tarp in place.
Last night my husband went right over to him and hollered and waved his arms and raccoon boy just looked at him, "like what the heck you want me to leave?" So he got up and slowly went over the fence, but then as soon as hubby was back in the door he was back on the tub again. This time my hubby threw a empty soda can at him, he did leave but begrudgingly. He is not afraid of us. I read about them online and it said they are aggressive if angered and will attack humans as well as large dogs. If you get bit you need to go the doctor as the coon may be rabid. Good grief! I just wish it would go away forever. Why does he think he needs a heated bed, he is a wild animal for goodness sake?

Well the light through the windows is getting dimmer by the minute. This weather makes me want to curl up by the fire(if i had one) well second choice snuggle up to the electric fireplace stove, grab my book and a cup of hot tea.
What a good idea, off I go.
See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment