Monday, December 30, 2013

THE NESBITT-JARVI CLAN


Posted by PicasaThis is the clan back in 1973. Missing in the photo is Chris. I cannot remember if she was there or took the photo. I wish she were in the picture.
From left to right standing. My mother,my brother Jim, myself, my father, Carl my husband at the time, Jack my older brother. Kneeling left to right. David Jack's youngest son, Gina my daughter, Mike my son, John Jack's oldest son.

We look like a happy bunch probably most of us were back in those days. But I look at this family and know now how their lives have played out. For some a lot of heartache, sadness, illness, misfortune and so forth. But the good times are the memories one seems to remember and probably for good reason. 

I will have more photo's forthcoming. I am really enjoying scanning the oldies and putting them into a photo album on the computer. The first large bunch of pictures are from the 60's, 70's and 80's. My daughter selected what she wanted me to send her via the email so she could put them into her photo program.

Well it has been a whirlwind of days on end. Our time with Gina and Doug was so much fun. My hubby and I wined and dined them. 
Doug brought us a box of Copper River sockeye salmon fillets individually vacuumed sealed and case of albacore tuna. How wonderful of him, we rarely buy salmon as it is so expensive so this is a real treat. Gina brought me a bottle of very spendy champagne all decked out in a fancy box, a pair of leather driving gloves and some Vermont maple syrup. She knows I love that rich syrup. Now mind you they were not to bring presents but they said they did not, these offerings were nothing more than a hostess gifts they said. Gina also brought her smoked salmon dip and fresh dungeness crab dip. They also brought two bottles of champagne, beer and wine........good grief. Such a sweet generous couple.

We served up the Italian meal the first night, then the next morning my hubby made everyone breakfast taco's. Then we had pork verde dinner that evening with homemade pinto beans and rice and tortilla's. 

We all played games, the men took a long hot tub, Gina and I did not feel like partaking. We sat in my little trailer and sipped wine and chatted while the men were in the tub. It was cozy out there with the heater taking the chill off. Later Gina and I went through photo's for scanning and then exchanged recipes, hand written ones.....a lost art! It was such a good time for us all.

So today is the DUCKS and LONGHORNS at the Alamo bowl. I am not very excited for this game and for that I feel bad. I was so into the games but now it just seems to me like the season is past and I have no enthusiasm left for another game. But of course I want for us to win. I will sit with hubby and scream and cheer them on as usual.


It is another gray day and a little chilly but I must walk.So I will leave you now and put those walking shoes on as well as a warm jacket and cap.



No comments:

Post a Comment