Tuesday, December 17, 2013

GOOD HEAVENS CHRISTMAS IS NEXT WEEK!!!!!


Posted by PicasaAll at once I am saying to myself "Christmas is next week". What is wrong with me why had I not seen that date creeping forward on the calendar? It really caught me by surprise this year.
So with one gift purchased and half of the food items I need for my meal and baking seems I will be flying by the seat of lackadaisical britches!
It is not like I have not been unaware of the dates flying by. But it is like my mind has been elsewhere.
We have the tree up in a timely manner as we always do by December 15th. But I have given no thought to baking.  So off I went this morning to buy what is needed for my Christmas cookies. That will be start at least. I also picked up my ham for Christmas dinner. I purchased a gift for my mother in law. So a little progress has been made.

My husband and I did talk this morning and we both decided to do a small amount of gifts for one another this year. There is nothing we really need and it is senseless to spend money on items we do not need especially in light of the fact that business has been slow.
So we will focus on our lovely holiday meal, our grand tree with a few little thoughtful gifts tucked under, the love and caring of family and friends and being thankful for our life together.

It was gray and cold when I went shopping this morning but now the sun is sliding in and out of feathery clouds and it is rather nice outdoors. I may be compelled to take a walk later.

We have not seem the raccoon again and we think that is a very good thing. We are concerned it will rip or snag our hot tub cover as it hauls it'self up on the tub. Covers are expensive so we certainly do not want to replace one.  I am keeping watch at night and will have no problem shooing it away if it comes again.

I was thinking it is odd how one conforms to something. I quit sending out Christmas cards about 2-3 years ago as I was not receiving but a pittance back. So the only folks I send to now are the ones that do not use a computer. I think that is two people...laugh.
I now write an e-mail or private message on the FB. And I like it! I always thought I liked to send cards but the older I became it seemed a chore. I always wrote at least a short note in them which takes time when you send about fifty plus cards. It would take me one long afternoon. Plus the stamps are expensive, plus the cost of the cards and I have always loved the more artsy cards meaning more costly. So I find it easier as I am lazier now!  Christmas card sending is a lost art, sad but true. 

I should not have taken the time today to post on my blog as I do have much to do so I will begrudgingly  return to my chores.
Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment