Saturday, December 7, 2013

SNOW AND COLD COMES TO EUGENE


Posted by PicasaSnow and cold. I shot these photo's yesterday. The snow kept pilling up all day so these pictures are not truly showing how deep it got as the day went on.
We sat a played Scrabble again and watched out the nook window as it snowed and snowed and transformed the landscape.

I had cookies baking in the oven. A new recipe I tried and they are good. They are called rolled brownie cookies. They do taste like a brownie cookie and very tasty with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream to the side of one.

Tonight it is to be 5 degree's and a high of 25 today. So you see what we are dealing with. The eight inches of snow that dropped is now frozen on the ground and will not melt for several days. Tuesday is a turning point as it will warm up some and rain will come in.

We took a hot tub last night we keep it at 104 degrees. We just could not resist the icy cold and it was still lightly snowing. So I donned my ball cap to keep the heat in the top of my head and out we went. Hubby had shoveled a trail to the tub. I was happy when I stepped into that hot water. Just that short walk was bone chilling with my spa clothes on.
We had the little strings of chili lights glowing around the nook window and the ice crystals in the snow were sparkling so it was a very beautiful winter scene.

It is college football today so my husband will be entertained. I am not sure what I will entertain myself with today. I have a couple of little projects in mind I could work at.
Regardless it will be an indoor day.

Tonight in my kitchen I will be whipping up some bbq'd pork sandwiches for dinner. I have enough pork roast left to shred and simmer in my Carolina sauce. We will load that into toasted sesame burger buns with chopped pickles and onions. Baked beans and coleslaw to the side. I am thinking yummy!

It is almost ten and I am still in my sweats bottoms and hoodie so best throw on some warm togs and get myself around.

Stay warm and keep your heat on at night and if you are in danger of frozen pipes as many are you should keep your spigots dripping a bit. We normally keep our heat off at night but have been keeping it on low these past few nights.
We have a heater in the travel trailer also, though there is no water in the lines, still it is best to keep some heat in there.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment