Saturday, December 21, 2013

SIMPLE PLEASURES LIST

I thought it a good idea to make a list of my simple pleasures. To remind myself of what the good stuff in life really is.

Zo's simple pleasures.
The cool side of my pillow.
The first cup of coffee in the morning.
Nestled in a warm bed on a cold night.
Sun creeping in through the wood blinds to make patterns on the floor.
My water fountain.
Gazing out my kitchen window while I do dishes watching the little critters.
My screen doors inviting fresh air in and keeping bugs out.
Candles and scentsy pots.
Amazing smells coming from the kitchen.
A clean house.
A lovely walk.
A spring day.
My radio playing on the kitchen counter.
A game of cards with my hubby.
Sipping wine while I cook.
Pants that fit.
No snails in spring.
The first tomatoes on the vine.
A warm tomato just picked and sitting in my hand.
First buds on the spring trees.
Fall leaves.
A warm rain when the air smells like wet rocks.
Line dried sheets.
A good soak in the bathtub or hot tub.
A hot shower a fresh towel.
The warming rays of spring sun.
Watching the crows drop nuts to the pavement to crack them open.
Seeing photo's of little Olivia my great granddaughter.
Eating an ice cream cone.
Watching a movie and munching on popcorn.
A drive in the country with my husband.
A picnic anywhere.
A campfire. A roasted wienie.
A hug from my hubby.
A twenty minute doze in my chair.
Reading a book.
Playing the piano.
Writing a song or a poem or a story.
Sketching a picture.
Crocheting.
Sitting on a dock and feeding the ducks.
Planting flowers.
Eating Italian food.
Baking cookies.
Sharing time with someone you love.
The scent of star jasmine adrift on a summer breeze.
An apricot sunset.
Clouds heavy with rain. 
Clean sheets.
Calls from my children or grandchildren.
Time spent with my brother.
Warming clothes in the dryer before slipping into them on a cold morning.
Painting my nails.
Eating outdoors.
A pansy's face.
A cup of anything hot on a bone chilling day.
Doing something thoughtful for someone.

Well what I discovered is that I could go on and on with this list. It makes me realize that I am thankful for my life because of these simple pleasures. 
When you think about it, it takes so very little to make one content and happy. I feel very blessed that I have recognized that. We always need to be grateful for what we have.











No comments:

Post a Comment