Thursday, December 26, 2013

BROTHER JACK AND ME BACK IN 82


Posted by PicasaThere is going to be a lot of photo's posted of the past now as my hubby gave me a uptown photo scanner with very high resolution for Christmas. He knows I have been wanting one for a while but I did not want to spend the big bucks for one so I have been holding off. As this one scans documents also we can write it off for the business. So it was a good choice for me for a gift and it is so easy to use. I love it!
I have so many photo's from the past and they are already categorized and put into ziplock bags as I did that time consuming chore two winters ago.
So now I am going to set up albums on my Picasa program as well as making CD albums I am so excited.

My hubby and I had a very nice Christmas. All went as planned and we had fun and enjoyed our time with hubby's family and our time alone. I am sorry my son could not join us this year. We are happy however that my daughter and Doug will be here tomorrow evening.
I have the table set so pretty and I really I have outdone myself this time it is a mass of glitter or will be once the tea lights are lit. It is festive and every item on the table invites memories from the past. Gina will love it! She will see her Grandmother, her Mother and her childhood reflected back at her.

We did chores today. I cleaned and tidy'd the house. Hubby vacuumed for me and set up the photo scanner and cleaned the garage. I have been busy most of the day. I finally sat in my chair about an hour ago and finished one of the most inspiring books I have ever read. It is called, "Little Bee". Little Bee is a Nigerian refugee assigned to a detention center in the UK. She was a stowaway in a ships storage quarters that was headed to London. The book made me cry and opened my heart to the many atrocities that take place in our so called civilized world. I surely felt sad when I read the last page and closed the book, my heart ached. 

Now must run to the store in the morning for fresh produce and more wine. Then home to supervise my husband making meatballs. I will make the sauce from our roasted tomato sauce and also make salad and dressing. I purchased a loaf of asiago cheese bread the last trip to the store, so I will thaw that and make a herb spread to slather over the thick slices. Of course there will be rum cake and ice cream for desert. The red wine will flow, it is an Italian dinner after all.

I feel like I have gained five pounds(probably have). Not from over eating but for lack of exercise. The weather has been so brutally cold and now so grey and bleak it is just hard for this gal to get out the door. I must get back at it. This whole week we are to have sun. But an inversion has once again taken over so we are socked in under a damp foggy blanket. Drats! I cannot walk when it is like this I just get to bone chilled. I am a baby once again it seems.

Tonight we are having a repeat of our yummy Christmas dinner. The ham was perfect, not too salty, the glaze I made had a lot of depth, with the sweet honey and dark brown sugar and the earthy spices of allspice and cloves and the tang of orange juice. It was lip smacking sticky on the crust. I love that.
My husband was happy to have ham this morning. He made himself a fried ham and soft egg sandwich on sourdough. When he bit into the sandwich the egg popped. He loves making it that way. I was happy to have a ham snack on a dinner roll for lunch. We always enjoy leftover ham.

I am going to go now to unload the dishwasher and then my to-do's for the day will be done.I just looked out the window the fog has settled in on us even lower. Outside looks blurry and hazy. You can barely see the houses across the way as they are shrouded in grey mist and it appears like a London street scene.
I am thinking cozy clothes soon and my furry slippers, perhaps a spot of tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment