Tuesday, December 24, 2013

OLIVIA'S FIRST CHRISTMAS EVE


Posted by PicasaBaby Olivia's first Christmas.
I am so amazed when I look at this photo she is a replica of her father Ty at this age......it is like they are twins born thirty years apart. So right now she is bald like her daddy was at that age, but then Tyson grew a gold halo of blonde curls. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Olivia.

My son Mike is having issues with his truck so he will not be coming for Christmas. So he is hoping to spend time with his son, Lindsey and Olivia. It is good they live near by. We will certainly miss him. We will spend part of Christmas day with hubby's family.  Then come home and pop our ham in the oven and make our Christmas dinner together.

Today we are off to the memory care home to take my mother in law her gift and some of my grammy's cookies. 
We will also stop and pick up our lobsters for tonights lobster salad. I have the steak marinating that we will cook in bite size pieces in the fondue pot. We open our gifts on Christmas eve so that will take place and then we have saved a country Christmas special to watch this evening. Also I am sure we will be playing gin rummy. We are thinking it will be another fun filled Christmas eve.

I mentioned in my last post that my daughter and her fiancee are coming Friday and spending two nights. So we have an another event to look forward to after Christmas. My daughter loves Italian food so hubby and I are pulling our efforts together and making an authentic Italian meal. It will be fun we will have time to prep the meal before they arrive then we will have a sit down dinner in the dining room complete with my Mothers's green dinner and glass ware. I will set out many tea lights on the table so all is a glitter. I loves lots of sparkle at holiday time and love to make the table as beautiful as possible.


I just finished pulling the lobster meat out of the shells and I steamed it in a little water and lemon juice. It is now chilling in the fridge. The steak has marinated all day, the salad is made as well as the salad dressing. The bread will be popped into the oven at the last minute. The only thing I need to do now is set our little nook table up for our fondue event. We will eat by candle and tree light.

Christmas Eve has always been a good memory for me. I put much importance on this little evening. Not in a religious sense but in a family sense. 
I can still in minds eye see our humble little home on the farm all decorated with my Mother's best efforts. Cozy, warm and holiday festive.
Family and friends stopping by in the early part of the evening with a little something for our family which we would reciprocate, usually something homemade or home grown.  
Christmas Eve my mother always made up a variety of fancy sandwiches, salads, snacks and deserts. Each could have what they desired. My mother always pretty in a holiday dress being a gracious hostess. One favorite dress I liked her to wear was a red twill dress with little shoulder straps, belted waist and little metal silver stars on the top of the bodice, there was a little cap jacket that went over. With her black hair and sparkly dark eyes and the red dress she was amazing and then when she smiled it lit up our little world. I wish I would have told her how lovely she looked, how proud I was of her, but of course being a kid I did not. Brings tears to my eyes now when I think how she was putting all of her energy into each and everything to make Christmas wonderful for us all.

So on those throat lumped thoughts I will leave you this Christmas Eve 2013.
Remember to always cherish what is the simplest. Your family, your friends, your good health, a warm home. Everything else is just frosting.
Happy Christmas Eve!










No comments:

Post a Comment