Monday, December 16, 2013

NIGHTLY VISITOR


Posted by PicasaSo cute but worrisome. We have a visitor at night this photo is not our raccoon actually ours is so much cuter if that is possible. It is deep brown and cream with his black mask and is quite large.
The situation is this. As soon as it is dark he comes to our hot tub and gets on the top and sleeps there. Last night I peered out as we left the porch light on thinking it would deter him but it did not. There he lay curled in a ball on his side with his little face pressed down on the cover just sawing logs. We opened the door and he raised his head and just stared at us. Hubby hollered at him to leave as we are fearful he will rip our tub cover with his sharp claws. He stood up and jumped up on the fence and went down the other side and then we saw his hands on the fence rail and his little bandit face peeking over looking at us. I just laughed it was so cute. So we went in, hubby looked out again about a half hour later and there he was again sprawled on the cover enjoying the warmth. So we scared him away once again.
This has happened now for two evenings in a row. The first night we were stepping out to take a hot tub and he was there sitting on the tub. I talked some baby talk to him and he just stayed and listened tipping his head. Oh such an adorable creature but so mischievous. The thing is he does not even seem that threatened by us, he has become citified I suppose.
I wonder if he will be back again tonight as the temps are to drop to 29 degree's.

I was surprised to see rain this morning. We were up before light filled the windows as my husband is working on a install for a few days. Then he has a few jobs lined up after so that is very good indeed.
The weather did not call for rain, we are to have clouds and sun today. At the moment we are soaked in mist and it is just so dismal.

So i'm home alone today. I was going to go out and about as I have not bought one single gift for Christmas. Not that we do much but still something needs to be under the tree.
I have decided however to go tomorrow instead. I spent most of yesterday trimming the tree so today I do need to catch up on some house chores. I was going to set up my holiday decor at the front door area and I will if the weather scene changes for the better.
Speaking of the tree, it is a beauty. Also it is a delight to have it in the nook area where we can enjoy it more. It was very cozy last night with the little black stove going and the twinkle of the lights on the tree.
I need to buy a bagful of vanilla candles, even though I have scentsy pots in most rooms there is nothing finer than good quality vanilla candles at holiday time.

Our Shepard's pie last night was very yummy. I cannot believe how long it took me though to put it together. By the time you clean the veggies and mushrooms and dice everything, make the mashed potatoes, the sauce, cook the meat and fry the bacon it is a process. It is so worth it though we once again hummed. It was so very flavorful with that burger and bacon mix, the baby portobella mushrooms offered an earthy taste against the tang of the tomato sauce and the brightness of the herbs. I made the full recipe as to have the same for dinner this evening. I heated an artisan loaf of garlic clove bread from the bakery. A very comforting dinner.

So I am off now to start my day. It is Monday after all and I have much to get accomplished. I would like to walk today but this outdoor scene needs to change. I am fair weather walker for the most part.
Ciao.


No comments:

Post a Comment