Wednesday, December 18, 2013

OH CHRISTMAS TREE


Posted by PicasaOh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree.
Well here it stands in all it's glory with nary a present to be seen!
I will have something under it by Monday.

Friday my hubby and I are going to lunch at El Torito. Always one of our fave places to go. He so loves mexican food as you all know, I like it but cannot go spicy as I have a sensitive tummy. I looked at their lunch menu online and I think I am going to have halibut taco's.

We talked last night and planned our Christmas eve dinner.
I will buy two lobster tails and remove the meat and cut into bite size pieces. I will marinate a sirloin steak and then also cut into small pieces. We will place the fondue pot on the nook table by the tree and cook the lobster and steak in hot oil. I will have lemon butter to dunk the lobster in and a homemade peppercorn steak sauce for the meat.  I will make a cesar salad with lots of garlic and parmesan cheese and have a crispy hot baguette. We think it will be fun to sit at the nook table with the tree lights twinkling and Christmas music softly playing. I am sure after dinner a gin rummy marathon will commence.

I hung our big red metal star on the family room wall by the bookcase this morning. I set up the front door decor yesterday afternoon after getting home from shopping. I did buy some large vanilla candle jars and have placed them in various places. Oh they smell so wonderful.  So now our home is filled the scent of fresh fir and vanilla. 

I wrote letters for my two Christmas card folks. So they will get off in the mail this morning. So I am checking things off my list slowly.

Our pizza was so wonderful last night. So no more picking up pizza and baking it or even going out for it. This is wonderful pizza crust and actually it worked better after the dough sat in the fridge after raising. As I could roll a nice perfect round very thin with the rolling pin. So from now on I will make the dough one day and make the pizza the next. For our next pizza I am going to make a leek and bacon pizza with mozzarella and parmesan cheese with my homemade sauce.

Tonight I am making a simple Martha Stewart recipe for Chicken fettichini Alfredo. This recipe is so easy I could make it my sleep but so yummy with lots of garlic and the tender chicken strips that have sauteed in butter. We have a green veggie salad left over from last nights meal so that will be our side dish.
Speaking of the chicken I had better take it from the freezer now.
So off I go have a wonderful hump day!
Me


No comments:

Post a Comment