Sunday, December 15, 2013

RUSTIC STYLE PIZZA


Posted by PicasaWe made rustic style pizza last night.
We had a lot of fun in the kitchen. I made the dough in the Kitchenaid stand mixer. While the dough raised I simmered the roasted tomato sauce made from summer tomatoes with garlic and olive oil to reduce it. 
After the two mounds of dough raised into large boobies we each stretched our dough out and into lopsided ovals so they would both fit side by side on a baking sheet. Then we added our individual choices of toppings. They were tasty believe me even though they were very rustic.
I have more dough in the fridge enough to make a medium size pizza and we have pizza sauce left also. So Monday we will have pizza with salad.
I will take more time in forming my pizza and it may be a round shape(I hope). We had couple glasses of wine while making the pizza maybe that is why they are so rustic looking.

Sunday dinner today. I will make Shepard pie a request of my husbands. The recipe from an older Food Network magazine looks so pretty. The fluffy golden potato topping,the rich flavorful center with both ground round and bacon, vegetables and crimmi mushrooms in a lovely sauce. I too am looking forward to this comforting dinner.

We put our adorable tree up yesterday in front of the nook window. Our family room and nook are all part of a big room that is also open to the kitchen. Our little table normally sits in front of the window, but I moved that table to the back of the sofa that divides the area from the family room. It looks quite cozy sitting there with the inviting little lamp. I think we are going to be happy that we can see the tree so well from the kitchen and in the evening the Christmas lights will give a holiday glow in the room we spend most of our time together, the family room.
Now that frees the living room(my room) for a few decorations keeping it simple of course. I love the living room. I have my comfy chair, a chair for guests my old trunk for a coffee table. Of course my old tired and true piano makes a big statement in that room. It is a room that holds things that make my heart happy. So my room.
A least a couple of times a week, my hubby will join me in there in the spare chair. I will put my book down or whatever it is that is occupying me at the time as I know he wants my attention.
He will say do you want to conversay? I will say yes. So we sit and talk. It is special time and very important I feel in ones life. To have a conversation for conversations sake with your spouse. We talk on many subjects. Yesterday for instance we were relating how family life was for the each of us when we were young and growing up. How our dinners were, what structure took place during meal times, our families evening habits etc. Different for us both of course. But whatever the talk brings it seems to be interesting and leads in different directions. It is our time to connect and share without other distractions.

Well I must get what I need to do today out of the way so I can fun with the tree trimming.
Have a lovely Sunday, it is pretty here with a broken sky of blue and white clouds.


















No comments:

Post a Comment