Friday, December 27, 2013

THE TABLE AWAITS


Posted by PicasaThe table is set and awaits the lighting of the tea candles. I have at least ten on the table so it will be glittery and festive. We are looking so forward to our meal this evening with Gina and Doug.

I returned from the grocery store about an hour ago. It was not busy for first time in weeks it seems. 
Why am I always buying groceries?  It seems it is all I do anymore.  It must be the holiday season as I know I have been making specialty items and buying more than normal.
I am thinking of making Mexican food tomorrow. Tonight Italian, tomorrow Mexican, I am getting quite international here....laugh.
I picked up pork and thought I would make pork verde bowls with beans and rice. We love that recipe and it is my own recipe.  If someone prefers they can always make a pork, bean, rice and cheese burrito. But I love the bowls. That reminds me  I must get my pinto beans boiling  that way they will be done for morning as hubby wants to make everyone potato taco's. So it really sounds like Mexican fair on Saturday.

As I am typing my heart is humming because the warm sun is breaking through the steamy fog. Gray mist is lifting from the streets and yards. Oh, I am so happy such a little thing to bring smiles to my face. But the fog has been pressing on us for days so to see the sky blue like the sea and the big yellow sun why it is like a miracle! 
Hubby just went to the deck to adjust the chemical balance and add some fresh water to the spa.
It seems our raccoon is finally through with the tub. He tracked up the deck last night but did not try to crawl up onto the tub. The reason is my husband put a big tarp over the hot tub cover and added a couple pieces of lumber along two edges. I think the coon is fearful of the tarp as it makes noise and knows something different has occurred. So good for us! Let us hope it continues to deter him and then we can finally remove the tarp.

So at this point in my day I have the meat balls to make up and then my husband will form them and brown them. I still need to make salad dressing and salad. I will get the sauce made and the meatballs settled in and then will cook for about a half hour then turn the burner off. Then forty-five minutes before serving dinner I will heat it up again.


I will sign off now and tend to the matters of the day.
Have a nice weekend after Christmas. It is back to normal out there today, the traffic level was doable and the store was not crowded. Of course I was there quite early.

Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment