Thursday, December 5, 2013

SURVIVING THE COLD

So we are trying to survive the cold and the boredom.
No work for hubby and we just try to think of things daily to fill the hours and make our life happy and content. Seems no one wants their floors done when it is this cold.
Today a game of Scrabble is on the agenda, drinking soda's and munching on popcorn seems a good way to spend a cold afternoon.

Yesterday we went to Bi-Mart, yes for an outing. We are funny we go to that little store a lot it seems. We scour their ad when it comes out. There are always things we think we need or do need. So we had our little outing yesterday there.
The day before on on Tuesday we went to lunch at the Cornucopia. Always such good pub fare there. We split a ruben on homemade rye as the sandwich is gigantic and the best ruben I have ever eaten. We each had one drink. That eatery is always just bustling no matter what time of day. They serve good eats, the service is good, it is a casual place and you feel at home and it is our favorite area of the city. So we tend to go there often.
It was nice outing.

We have been keeping the heat very low in the house at night. Under normal winter conditions we do not even have it on. 
Last night I actually was a little cold. I kept waking and pulling the covers up over my shoulders tight into a cocoon. I must have been curled into a ball for most of the night as I was almost stiff when I crawled out this morning.
I will be happy to get back to normal conditions. Looks as if that will start happening on Monday but slowly.

Tonight for dinner it is pork taco's and oh my word that pork roast was succulent and so tasty. I enjoyed our dinner last night with the roasted vegetables always a hit.
So loaded taco's tonight. I will ask my husband to make the shells he does such a good job. I will shred and heat the pork and cut up all the toppers. I am fixing pinto beans instead of black. I prefer black beans but my Mr.loves pinto beans so I will let him have his way.

I have some things that need attending to before we start our Scrabble game so I best get to them.
Stay warm and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment