Saturday, June 23, 2012

APPLE PIE HOT OUT OF THE OVEN!


Posted by PicasaThis is a new photo taken a few minutes ago, yes I know, it looks just like all my other photo's of apple pie. They do all look the same as I make them the same in the same dish......so it is what it is.
I am hoping it will taste amazing. I used half have jongold apples and half granny smith. Jongold are not the best for pies but is was what the farm had available.  So I added the grannies I had in the fridge to make it more tart plus added a 1/2 squeezed lemon. The crust of course is mine. So hopefully it will be juicy and yummy.


We are having flat iron steak tonight with asparagus and deceided to have small bakers also and hubby's cucumber salad. So it sounds like a feast and way too much food. So little portions are certainly in order.


Well here it is the next morning so I changed the text color.
The meal and pie last night were delicious. We watched a very stupid comedy could not help but laugh at some of the antic's but overall just dumb! Why decent actors star in such films amazes me. Of course it is for the pay check but at the same time they sell themselves out.


Today I slept in I did not climb out of bed until almost nine, nine?
Well I  feel rested and ready for the day. 
Maybe the reason for the sleep in is because it is so dark outside. I must have sensed it was still nighttime. It is still gun metal gray out and looks like rain. On the positive side we do not need to water the garden and lawn. On the negative it is a stay indoors day and will more than likely be a boring day. Hubby was going to work in the side yard by the garage. It is a mess and it gets that way occasionally as it is his work yard. But now those plans will not materialize if it rains. I will do what has to be done daily n the house and then I have a stack of new magazines awaiting me. I take five magazines a month and four of them come on the same day how bizarre is that? So I guess it will be  a lazy laid back for this gal. Maybe we can find a decent movie to watch this afternoon and I will make some popcorn.


Tonight we will have left over steak sliced thin over a green salad with blue cheese dressing. Of course apple pie and vanilla ice cream for desert.


I will leave you now on this Saturday. Hopefully I can get a walk in before the rain starts so I best get to it.
Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment