Saturday, June 2, 2012

BACK YARD BIRDHOUSE


Posted by PicasaThis is the green of our small backyard. The red bird house brings forth a blast of color against the lush vegetation. The tree to the left is the tree my hubby totally cut back in the spring.  It looked so barren a month ago and now is bringing forth new leaves and branches. In this valley no matter what is done you cannot stop life. There was a small tree walnut I think lodged behind our little shed and the fence. Now that is a big tall tree. We wonder how it grows without uprooting our garden shed but so far it has not. Who would think in the space of a foot a tall tree would grow?
I have lived in several places in western Oregon and Washington and I have never seen growth like in this southern Willamette Valley it continues to amaze me.


It is humid again today. The paper said we topped at out at 80 degree's yesterday(we had 83). The humidity was right there also. Today is cooler but still muggy. We have both doors open to the screen doors for a cross draft and the ceiling fans going which keeps it pleasant today.


I had a lovely walk this morning. So quiet on Saturday mornings I was out the door a little after eight. I saw a few cats crossing the streets and stopping to chat and a old bent man walking down the lane from his house set back off the road. He was taking his time and enjoying this fine morning. The neighborhood yards are filled with a array of colorful flowers reminding me I must get my flower pots loaded soon.
We have been debating about a garden this year. We love one of course but it is work and there is the expense. Also with the few little trips we have planned this summer someone would need to water when we are not here. We hate to ask others to take care of this task. So at this point we have decided to fill just one bed with a couple of tomato plants and pepper plants and leave the other two raised bed empty. Hubby always likes to grow peppers and loves to eat them. Tomatoes and peppers do not need water every day. Did you know that most folks give their tomato plants too much water? Tomatoes need dry feet as they say. 
So I think we have a plan in place. 


My daughter called yesterday afternoon and we chatted for a hour and a half. We surely can talk! But it is good though my ear was actually tender when I took the phone away. We will be getting together soon the four of us.  Then in August I will go spend about four days between my two children s houses as hubby is going to be refinishing our hardwood floors. As we have hardwood throughout our whole home it is a process and stinks like the dickens as we use a polyurethane finish. It is such a process one has to move every item out of their house. In my case I have a china cabinet that is loaded with tons of dish and glassware. All will have to be packed away and moved out. I also have multiple bookcases(you know much I read) all the books will have to be removed etc. All the furniture will be put in the garage so a big big hassle. A lot of work for the two of us. So I will help do all of that and then off for four days or so to see the family and then home to put all back onto gleaming hardwood floors.
We are also going to get wood blinds for the living before the floors are done. Our poor pleated shades are getting so frayed and aged. I love the look of wood blinds and wood floors. So things to look forward to and lots of work also.


Hubby is making dinner tonight. I bought a lot of huge juicy green peppers at the farm so he has decided to make his Hungarian Lecho. A pot stuffed with sliced peppers, sliced onions, garlic, tomatoes and lots of paprika and other seasonings. I will boil up some Yukon gold potatoes to serve that flavorful dish over. This dish is always good with crusty sourdough toast with butter and garlic.  Like I have mentioned before I so love it when my husband cooks. It is a gift to me and I love his food (usually) sometimes he does strange things with spices........but hey he is a budding star so I do not want to rain on his parade.


I have accomplished much today including reading my book between projects and darn........ now I am finished with it. I feel sad.  Also there are no more books awaiting me with their wondrous words. I must get to St. Vinnie's on Monday for sure or I will surely go mad.


I will leave you now on this humid pretty spring day.
Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment