Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WHO WANTS PANCAKES?


Posted by PicasaI will be making us a batch of Buttermilk blueberry pancakes with flax seed meal this coming weekend. The batter recipe is enough for two mornings or for company. Sometimes I cut the recipe in half if it is just the two of us and we only want pancakes for one morning.
The best way to make blueberry pancakes is to use your favorite pancake recipe then just when the pancakes are starting to form bubbles scatter some blueberries onto them when the bubbles pop turn the cakes. This way the batter does not pickup color like when you add the berries directly to the batter. Always remember to sprinkle a few more blueberries over the top when served and do yourself a favor and use pure maple syrup it makes all the difference. Here is my tried and true buttermilk pancake mix.


Buttermilk pancakes
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons flax seed meal(optional)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk(shake well) or use more depending on how thin you like your pancakes.
2 large eggs beaten
1/4 cup canola oil


Put all dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir with a fork to mix well.
Add the eggs, buttermilk and oil and stir.  Batter will be a little lumpy.


If you have leftover batter it will store well in a plastic container with a snap lid. It will not be quite as thick but still will make a good pancake with more of a crepe consistency.
Enjoy!


Tonight in Zo's Kitchen I am making chicken noodle soup with chicken thigh tenders. This makes for juicy pieces of chicken in the soup. I also add diced celery, carrots and onion. I am serving a rustic sourdough bread along side to sop up all that good broth.


No wedding photo's as yet. Every morning I am anticipating them on my e-mail. Well they will come at some point. Several folks have asked me to forward them along when they do show up.
I am just a proud Grammy I suppose and cannot wait to see my sweet beautiful granddaughter in her wedding dress.


The flat screen TV is mounted on the wall in the bedroom and it is very nice indeed. We have so much more floor space and the room looks so nice and spacious. I need to find a small simple shelf to mount on the wall under the tele for the cable box. The box is small so I do not need a large shelf,  I want something very simple and understated on that wall.


I need now to get my walking shoes on and get out the door. It is not a pretty day here in the valley.  Once again clouds hang like a gray shroud over us and it is still cool. Tomorrow the first day of summer is suppose to be a nice one. Warm and sunny...oh please let it be.


Whatever your pleasure have a nice day.




No comments:

Post a Comment