Tuesday, June 5, 2012

MIXED GREENS WITH ARTICHOKES AND OLIVES


Posted by PicasaThis was our dinner last evening. A salad of romaine, spinach and iceberg lettuce with sweet onion, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and black olives.
Quite delicious with italian dressing made with olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic and herbs.
We topped our salads with grated asiago cheese and sunflower seeds. So it was a meal in itself but we did add slices of artisan bread lightly spread with creamery butter and a lovely glass of pinot gris.


Tomorrow night we are having a favorite of mine. Polenta Lasagna.
This is layered faux Lasagna with polenta slices, fresh spinach, mushrooms etc. I will post the complete recipe tomorrow.


It is showery, sunny, dark, cloudy and bright today it changes by the minute.
I will need to be most careful when I take my walk. It is not a good thing to be half way through your route and have the sky turn black as a murder of crows. You know it is going to let loose any moment and there will be no escape.
It happened yesterday not while I walking thankfully.
I was sitting reading by the front bank of living room windows. I could see the dark bruised clouds rolling in from the west, the wind came up then all turned gun metal gray and I saw a flash then thunder rattled the windows. Within seconds the rain was pounding on the roof and battering agasint the shutters.  The power went off blinked on, went off again blinked on again and stayed on, that was good thing as it was nearing dinner time.
When the storm had moved on I opened the door and a sweet fresh scent hung in the air. The streets and sidewalks were washed clean and all was bright again. Spring, you just have to love it!


I have much to do today so perhaps I should quit frittering away the morning on the computer and get to my chores. 
Enjoy this spring day!
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment