Wednesday, June 20, 2012

THE FARMS


Posted by PicasaI love the farms!!!! I cannot say it enough. There is so much to choose from and all is so fresh and priced better than your local supermarket. I picked up apples for the pie I am making this week. My mouth is so ready for a piece of that sweet/tart apple pie with a nice sized scoop of  Umpqua (Oregon local) vanilla bean ice cream. I am wanting to grill the day  I make the pie.   As the calender says summer I will make summer fare.  


I have been reading some pretty deep books of late, so yesterday I started a whimsical little tale. Silly summer reading books I call them but I have to be honest and say I do enjoy them occasionally. I can read away and if the TV in the other room or the stereo distracts me I do not mind as I really do not have to concentrate that much. I am just reading for the sweet pleasure of it.
I usually have two types of books going at the same time. One patiently waits while the other gets the attention. Somewhat like children or pets but without the distractions and noise.


I have come to love this period of my life. I am rather selfish in my pursuits and if put upon to much will feel myself rebel inside. I do not like that in myself but it is there nonetheless. But for the most part I roll along with what the days have to offer me.


Sometimes I do feel it brought the best out of me when I worked outside the home as I had to be there, accounted for, a smile on my face and do my job well.  Sometimes after a great day which in my field of design and sales was usually generated by a great design presentation and the sale that followed. This not only thrilled me that the clients loved the project but also put money in my pocket. It was a high there is no denying that. I would come through the door in the evening sometimes just so exhilarated and chattering to no end. My hubby would have to hear and endure every detail while I tried to put something on the table to eat. Sometimes the meals were quirky if I was to wound up.


Today my life is simple. I like that. I adore getting up and planning my day.
Of course I have obligations as I am running our home and home office for the business but it leaves plenty of time to peruse what I find pleasurable.
And another plus I am not rushed for the most part. I have never liked to be rushed as I get grouchy and certainly do not do my best.
So my little life suits me now. I love that I find happiness in the smallest things. I have more time to look for them I suppose but still.......
Sitting on our small but private back deck reading I listen for squirrel and bird chatter, they seem to be my friends as they are always hanging out. I love to watch enormous whipped cream clouds float by as sunlight twinkles through the leaf trees like fireflies. 
I have three wind chimes and  their music is so melodic there are times I just float off into meditation without trying.
These are just a few things that content me and give me peace and pleasure. 
Just some thoughts today........









No comments:

Post a Comment