Saturday, June 9, 2012

A BEAUTIFUL PATH


Posted by PicasaI love this photo. 
Who would not want to walk down this path?
It has been a busy day. I was off first thing to the grocery store early this morning. There was hardly a soul about so that was nice. I just went about my business and was out of there in no time. Then I was off to the farm near my home to buy some veggie plants for a very small garden this year and some herbs and flowers for my pots. I was home in a flash. At the farms they make apple cider doughnuts and while I was wandering around through the greenhouses I could smell the cinnamon in the doughnuts and it made me drool, seriously. So when I went to the counter there they sat all warm at forty cents each.......well I could not resist. Not this gal. So I came home unloaded the groceries and the plants and after washing my hands(have a phobia about germs at the grocery stores on the carts) I fixed a cup of tea grabbed a doughnut settled into my chair grabbed the paper and in four bites that baby was gone. Oh it was so good and I licked all the cinnamon sugar off my fingers and was smacking feeling no guilt as this is not my norm.


It has been a good day in every way. Hubby came home from the job site at about one or so. We had lunch and then went outdoors to talk about what we were going to do over the next two days before another job starts for him. There is much but not today. Today was relax and just enjoy life.
We sat outside and watched the clouds, big enormous and white so high in the sky. Then it would turn totally gray as the clouds merged together then they would float away from one another to reveal that deep blue once again. And so it went. We sat and talked and planned what we would do over the next couple of days. The garden will be planted, all weeds will be pulled, a tree behind our garden shed will be cropped, my flowers will be planted into my awaiting pots, extra herbs will be added to my herb barrel, the front sidewalks will be cleaned and the roof will get a scattering of moss be gone and new bark will spread around the yard. I think that is it but I may have forgotten something it will be a busy couple of days.


We are having a veggie dinner tonight as we sometimes do.
I have big bakers in the oven at the moment. I will make a chopped salad of assorted greens and tomatoes, onions, cukes etc. I made ranch dressing earlier so what we like to do is split one of those big bakers and flatten them out. Spread on some ranch dressing load salad over the top the add more dressing and then add some shredded cheese and sprinkle with seasonings. Sometimes we top also with salsa or bacon bits etc. but tonight just veggie. 
It is a great meal and we do this quite often when we feel we have had enough meat for a while.


Tomorrow we are having a Sunday brunch about ten-thirty. I am making buttermilk blue berry pancakes with pure maple syrup with a side of thick sliced bacon. Hubby is not much of pancake man but I can entice him with homemade buttermilk pancakes. They are so light and fluffy and I make them small so we can load a few on a plate.


The neighbors are having a garage sale. It started yesterday and I can tell you it has been like the interstate in front of our house for two days now. I try to get rid of my accumulated junk but it keeps giving birth so I am always taking things to St. Vinney's for donation. Here folks are flooding to this neighborhood to buy  someone else's surplus junk? I guess we are  society of consumers or most are.
I did go to garage sales when I was a young mother. We were always scratching for money and garage sales were a good source of children's clothing and things I needed for my home that I could not afford to buy in a regular store. So yes I did go to see what wonderful bargains I could find. But these rigs that were pulling up in front of this house were new pickups, sports cars, folks that were not down and out.  I guess they were just out trying to have some fun and hoping to pick up a deal. Something to do on a Saturday.
Anyhow to each his own but I will be glad when it is over so our street is quiet once again. We even had folks blocking our driveway.


I need to go now and make that chopped salad. Hubby is watching the basketball playoffs cheering for Miami. His buddy(his brother in law) always goes for Boston so it their thing. Funny, men and their sports thing.
Till another time, good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment