Wednesday, January 1, 2014

WELCOME 2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Posted by PicasaFor one I am happy to see the end of 2013.
Business again was not steady. There was an improvement from 2012 but still not what we expected. We are so looking forward to 2014 to be a good year. The building trade is making steady progress. The housing market is gaining and doing better than it has in a few years. Home prices are edging upward. All these things increase our work in the hardwood flooring business.

There are things that need to be attended to in our home, upgraded, maintained etc and we have felt inclined to not spend on these items. My husband is always needing new tools of the trade also and these machines and tools are very expensive. We need a good 2014 to do a little catching up.
So that is the business part of it.

Personally I have set some goals for myself.
I need to get back into a steady routine of walking every day. I have been so lackadaisical when it comes to my daily walk. I can tell the difference in my body and my energy. Walking is good for your heart, blood and muscles as well being good for you mentally. So back at it Zo.
Next is to really monitor what I eat. I have always been about portion control and that is needed too but I have been eating too many carbs and not enough vegetables. That is going to change as you are what you eat.
My daily routine is going to change also. I have noticed over the past couple of years that I am getting behind on my house chores. I need to structure my day better. So the plan I have come up with is this. Each day I will deep clean one room and rest on Sunday. I have never done house work on Sunday except to tidy. I got that from my Mother. Sunday was family day, a good meal day and a relaxing day to do what you enjoy. Even if my hubby is working I still do very little on Sunday except for baking or cooking.
So I think the one room a day approach is doable for me and I will not get behind. 

So there are a few things I need to change. Watching what I eat and a hearty walk each day will take care of the few extra pounds I put on over the holiday season. So the new year awaits and I surely hope it brings to those I love and care for a magical year with many blessings for us all.

Happy New Year 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment