Thursday, August 21, 2014

AND SO IT GOES................

This has been the scene for days now. Today I have a break from the kitchen but my hubby is a busy bee in there. So far he had made cucumber salad(his family recipe) two differnet salsa fresco's one mild for me and one HOT for him, he has prepped the corn on the cob for me it is sitting in the sink waiting to be housed into freezer bags but I cannot get near the kitchen with so much going on. And now he just started making a jar of his hot pepper pickles mix......good lord the kitchen looks like a bomb went off.

We went to pick blackberries to our fave patch near the river. But we were stunned when we got there as the berries were over. We always go this time of year. We are thinking because it was so hot early on this summer the berries ripened earlier and we missed out. We will need to be more prudent in the coming years.
So we stopped at one of the farms on the way home and picked up a little more produce.
Tonight for dinner I am making zuchinni canoes. This is not my regular recipe I normally use this one has a few more ingredients and does have fresh diced tomatoes so I wanted to try it. To go along for a side this evening we are having corn on the cob with honey butter.
Our dinner last night was tasty and healthy. I made a salad of romaine hearts, our fresh tomatoes and cucumbers and sweet onion. We topped it with our canned quality albacore tuna compliments of my son-in-law and then I made a dressing of honey mustard. Wow what a burst of flavor it was so very tasty.
I have been really trying to cut my carbs down for a while. I weighed yesterday for the time I would say in about fifteen years. I have not known my weight I just let my clothing be my guide. My daughter encouraged me to weigh she said we all need to get real so we know what steps to take. Well she was right. She told me that the weight you felt best at in your life is where you should be. Well I felt best at about 123-124. So I have five pounds to lose and I am there. I did not know what to expect when I got on my digital scales that I had purchased a few ago with good intentions to weigh. So I can probably lose that small amount of weight in a couple of weeks so I am striving and concentrating on healthy eating.
For instance today I have had a cup of Kellogg's K(love it) with soy milk and for lunch a small bowl of last nights salad with more tuna. Tonight the zucchini will be good more vegetables plus a little ground beef for protein and corn on cob for good protein and vitamins and roughage.

Well it sounds as if things are quieting down in the kitchen perhaps I can get on with getting the corn in the freezer bags.
It is a busy day as laundry is happening and I spent some time in the office this morning on business duties, then to the berry patch and farm and so it goes......
See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment