Saturday, August 16, 2014

MOTHER DAUGHTER TIME

This is my daughter Gina and I on Thursday. This photo was taken at Stonecliff Inn in Carver. One of our favorites places. A table on the deck overlooking the Clackamas river is so perfect. This was the third day of my visit.  Gina was playing tour guide to a Kansas family showing them some places she thought may be interesting to them.  The reason for this event is that Megan Gina's daughter my granddaughter works for this man. He is her branch manager and she had asked Gina if she would do this. He was on vacation with his wife and two adult sons both civil engineers and one of the sons girl friend a college student. So we all had a early lunch at Stonecliff with a yummy glass of Oregon wine while we strolled some of the areas where the movie Twilight was filmed.
We then drove off toward the Columbia Gorge. First stop was the Women's forum and then onto Crownpoint. Both of these places offer breathtaking views of the river and across to Washington state. We then drove to Multnohma Falls. I had not been there for years so it was interesting to be close up and personal. The crowds of folks though was overwhelming. Then we headed to Bonneville Dam. There again I had not been for a long while. The fish were going over the ladders or trying to and I did not watch long as watching them struggle made me sad. After the dam we headed to Troutdale and McMinnimans Edgefield. There at Edgefield we enjoyed three hours walking the grounds and touring the building, listening to music and doing some wine tasting before dinner on the patio there. The food is always so good for pub grub and the wine was Edgefield's own Black Rabbit red that everyone but the designated driver was enjoying. It was a very full day, ten hours with the Kansas family. They were lovely company and we so enjoyed spending time with this kind generous family.

So my time at my daughters was three fun filled days that we both so enjoyed.
Now back to reality. And reality for me has been busy today. The washer is doing it's thing, the house has been cleaned, I am unpacked, office chores have been attended to and at the moment I have my first roaster pan of tomatoes in the oven and when they are done and cooled I will make my first batch of sauce. I am hoping to make three batches today. It is not difficult it is just time consuming, but while they roast I do other things.
I came home to these sitting on my counter.



My husband was a busy man picking tomatoes while I was gone. He has eaten many fresh as well. As I look at the garden today I see many more ready to be picked. So the sauce making will be a marathon now until tomato season is over and that is quite a while yet. The tomatoes this year are just amazing and I give my hubby credit for that. He has devoted much time keeping them tended.
Tonight for dinner I am making roasted vegetables with tomatoes. It is dish I like very much. Just a crunchy piece of sourdough toast is all you need to complete the meal.

Well my washer has stopped so I need to get the load into the dryer and one more into the washer. Then that chore is done. I do regret I have not walked today but I knew I would spending time in the kitchen today on my feet. I knew my back would not tolerate that if I had walked. So I had to make a choice.

It is good to be home but oh so nice to get away and spend time with my sweet daughter.  I was only going to stay two nights but she asked me to please stay an additional night so I could go with them all Thursday.
Gina spoils me so and is so very generous in every way. I just love her so and am so thankful this beautiful person is in my life.
Have a lovely weekend you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment