Monday, August 25, 2014

SIUSLAW RIVER

This is where we camp at the Marina RV Park in Florence. What a grand setting right? This was taken early morning I stepped out our trailer door the snap this shop.
We are going here again in September we blocked out four nights. We cannot wait but of course if the weather is not nice we will go at a different time. We will spend two nights at this place and then go to the beach and spend two nights there.

I am enjoying a laid back day today. It started out with a bang however. A spider scared me! I had my tea and toast and went to my old red plaid fading most comfortable chair in the world chair. I set my hot tea on the table beside the chair and noticed a huge black spider just under the glass rim of the table. I wanted to scare him and have him fall to the floor so I could stomp him so I grabbed a bit of newspaper and touched him and he flew I swear he flew right into my chair and ran under the cushion. Oh my golly I was so mad now where was I going to sit and drink my tea and eat my toast and read the morning paper? That dang spider was ruining my morning. I have been bitten by this type of spider twice in the past. They bite you multiple times. I have had three bites each time. The swelling is terrific and the bites itch as bad anything you would ever need to scratch!  So I was not about to cuddle down in my chair. I took the cushions off the chair and probed the seams of the chair with a butter knife. I did not see a thing but still I am not sitting in that chair the spider could be still lurking.  So I sat in other living room chair that is not that comfortable and has no reading lamp. Bah hum bug! By that time I had cold tea and toast. So I ate the toast cold and reheated my tea in the micro and settled down to read the paper. I still have not sat in my chair today which is my haven in the afternoon when my back starts arguing with me.  So I will see how I feel about my chair tomorrow surely that ugly spider with bad intentions will be long gone.

I decided not to go shopping today as planned I will go tomorrow. I knew my hubby was getting home early today and I wanted to share the afternoon with him but here he is catching up on some TV series he likes and I do not and I am here in the office so I may as well be gone.
 I am making that fresh tasting shrimp salad for dinner. I do not care to clean shrimp as it is time consuming standing at the sink which tweaks my back. But I love shrimp. Tonight I will grill them in the grill basket with a little oil, seasonings and lemon squeezes.

I did walk this morning after my spider fright and it was such a pretty summer morning. Interestingly the neighborhood lawns have many different looks right now. It has been such a hot summer some folks have let theirs turn brown, they will return to green once the rains start. Some are like our front yard with brown spots and green areas where a few weeds are struggling to hang on to life. There of course are very green lush lawns also due to the help of lawn maintenance crews.  So as I walk I observe it is quite a little adventure each morning and always there is  something different to take in and ponder.

Well  I am off to unload the dishwasher and make salad dressing for our salad tonight and get those ugly shrimp shelled and cleaned.
Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment