Saturday, August 2, 2014

LOVING THE SUMMER WEEKEND

Ah summer weekend under way.
My husband is washing his work van, the pickup and the travel trailer. A big project! 
I am scrubbing the deck, the hot tub cover,tending my herbs and flowers and washing the windows on the deck side of the house. When our projects are done we will fill the pool and plunge in our feet halfway to our knees and enjoy the heat.
I just returned from a long walk. I am glad I did this early as the heat is having it's way with us quickly this morning.
I wish I had the makings for a pitcher of sangria's to sip on this afternoon.

For dinner tonight we are grilling a ribeye steak to share and having a salad of romaine and our garden tomatoes and cukes and walla onions. I have a container of my Mommy's russian dressing hanging out in the fridge. So a simple but satisfying summer meal.

We had a nice lunch out yesterday with Marylou my hubbies momma. She enjoyed her lunch, the fisherman's special, which consisted of a basket or warm baked sourdough bread, a cup of clam chowder and a very large bay shrimp salad loaded with a variety of vegetables and crsipy romaine. My husband and I had cod burgers and we enjoyed them. We lingered and did not hurry lunch as it was a treat for my mother in law to be away for a while from the memory care home.
After taking her back to her place we came home and sat on the deck in the shade of the tree you see in the photo and talked. Later we played gin rummy inside as it was too hot outdoors late afternoon. Into the nineties once again. The air conditioning felt very good indeed. My husband and I each won a game which is always nice. Then we watched the old movie, Rob Roy with Liam Nesson and Jessica Lang. We love that movie, a great film.

Well as I have done nothing but read the paper and take my walk I must get on with my daily to-do's.
Enjoy this beautiful summer day doing whatever it is that rings your bell.
See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment