Monday, August 4, 2014

PIZZA FOR FAMILY

We had hubby's sis and husband over for pizza last night. There were only two pieces left when all was said and done. The pizza was fun to make while our guests looked on. They loved the Heirloom roasted tomato sauce and the crust. My sis in law said, Zo you should open a pizzeria. I think NOT. Regardless I like to cook for those that enjoy it.
It was a nice evening though we did not eat outdoors as it was still to hot and muggy at seven when the pizza was pulled out of the oven. We elected to stay in the air conditioned house.
The reason for hot stillness outdoors is we are in somewhat of an inversion due to smoke in the air from all the many wild fires burning in Oregon. So our normal blue skies are now a light gray with a yellow cast. Last night the half moon looked like a orange sail as it hung in the sky. Today the sky is about the same as yesterday and again it will be hot. But there is a cooling trend coming in a couple of days so we will appreciate that.

Well I am out and about tomorrow to get an eye exam. But where? There are so many places to buy eye wear it is just confusing. A few places have specials going such as buy a pair and get a pair free. But are they really specials or are their prices higher than normal prices elsewhere? I am always trying to save a dollar and new glasses when you need two pair are expensive, especially with my no-line bifocal lenses. So this task is something I do not enjoy but I am always happy when I have completed it and have my new eye wear.

My husband is home today he has no jobs lined up at the moment. But all could change as he has bids out there. So now we wait to hear back. He has some of equipment here to work on today as well as other chores so he will stay busy.

I am not walking today as my legs are a little sore so I am going to give them a rest.  I have been faithful going for my walk each morning.
I have some office duties to tend to today.
And always on Monday I have laundry it seems.

What to have for dinner tonight? Hmmm here we go again it is hard day after day to come up with ideas. I did not make out a menu for the week but have everything I need to make a variety of meals. So I will talk to my hubby and see what he may be in the mood for. Maybe a salmon salad that sounds good to me especially with our garden tomatoes.

It is already after ten AM as I slept in until eight this morning as we did stay up a little later due to having company. So considering I have much to do I had better throw on some togs and get to work.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment