Sunday, August 24, 2014

TIME FOR A BIG SALAD








This a great salad and tomorrow evening I am going to make it. Crisp lettuce, home grown tomatoes, fresh corn, sweet onions, edamame and grilled shrimp. Slices of lemon and aoli dressing compete the salad. As I am making pizza this evening a salad is more than appropriate for tomorrow nights dinner. I love this salad as the grilled shrimp makes it outstanding. Of course it is good with a basic vinaigrette but what makes it really tasty is that aoli dressing. Actually the aoli recipe is a sauce for fish and veggies but I adapt it into a dressing by adding less mayo and little water to thin it.
We enjoyed last nights spaghetti with red clam sauce. Hubby rarely has two helpings but I saw him back at the counter dishing up with a smile on his face.

We have a grand looking watermelon sitting in the garage fridge that I will break open today. I love having a slice in the afternoon. It is one fruit that I can eat that does not upset my system. As I cannot eat citrus it is nice having a few choices such as the melon, nectarines, peaches and plums.

I will be on my feet for a few hours today in my kitchen so I elected not to walk this morning. Though I would have loved to walk as Sunday mornings are so quiet and my legs have energy this morning as I slept well. But I know exactly what would happen later today, my back would get angry. 

I have tended to the back yard this morning giving it a good watering while it was still sleeping in the shade. Oh guess what I discovered a few days ago? Remember the star jasime we had to cut back due to ice damage last winter? Well two of the six plants are coming back with tender leaves and new shoots and one is actually wrapping around the deck pickets. Oh it makes me so happy as there is hope now for them all to come back. Maybe next spring we will once again have that fragrant plant wrapping around our deck.

My husband will be home early today about three. I am happy he has a little reprieve for a few hours at least. He has no days off for quite a long time now.
When he got home yesterday afternoon we did go to the deck and catch the last of the sun that is available to us.
We are getting more heat and up and up it goes. By Thursday we are almost 100 degrees. I do not think this is normal for here in late August. We are getting warmer summers each year and they seem to last a little longer.  Global warming is no lie it is happening everywhere right now.

Tomorrow I will have an enjoyable day. My new prescription sun glasses are finally in. So I will do a quick grocery shop first, a stop at the bank then over to pick up my glasses. As TJ Max is right across the street I am going to pop in and see if I can find a nice designer black leather shoulder bag. I buy all my purses and usually my shoes at TJ Max. And speaking of shoes I would love to find a pair of expensive black flats for cheap. I discovered TJ Max about twenty years ago and it has been my main stay for not only clothing but home goods as well. We have a wonderful store here in Eugene. It is spacious and has a huge array of everything for your home. I could spend hours in there and have.
We also have a Tuesday Morning store in Eugene. It is a great discount home goods store also and is right adjacent to World Market another of my favorite stores for browsing.

It is time to get the pizza dough made and two possibly three batches of pasta sauce so I will make my way to the kitchen and be there for several hours.
Have a fun  Sunday do whatever rings your bell.







No comments:

Post a Comment