Saturday, August 9, 2014

LITTLE OLIVIA PICKING BLUEBERRIES.

There she is princess of the blueberry patch. Her mommy and daddy took her. They took lots of photo's looks like they had a really fun day and filled two buckets full of blueberries.


So it has been a few days since I last posted. I have been busy to say the least. I have been to have my eyes checked, selected my frames for two pair of glasses. A simple straight forward pair of Eddie Bauer frames for my main glasses and a designer pair of Jenna Nicole for my sunglasses. I will be smoking as they say in my new sunglasses.....laugh! I only wish seems those days are gone!
But I think I am happy with my selections which took forever as you do not select just any frames when you have progressive lenses the frames have to fit the prescription. So my first few choices for sunglasses were not compatible so I settled for my fourth choice so I hope I like them.  My husband patiently waited for me for almost three hours. What a sweet man.  He did not complain and helped me out when needed. After I was finished we then picked up our fish from the seafood grotto and raced home with it as quickly we could considering it was rush hour traffic. I was so happy to be home as it had been a long hot afternoon. I ran in the house placed our fish and chips on plates and filled a large wine glass with ice and poured in white wine. Ah, nice to relax.

We have had some good meals over the past three evenings. We have grilled twice and last night we made a veggie meal with loaded bakers, corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes and cukes from our own garden. A nice summer meal.

The tomatoes are really coming on now. We can barely keep pace with eating them fresh though we have them in everything. When they start to accumulate I will start making sauce. It takes about three dozen if I recall to make a quart of sauce. Could be more I have forgotten. One roaster pan full makes a quart that I know. 

Well I am off to my daughters in three more days. I will be trying to find her new place out in Oregon City country. This area appears to have been farmland before the developers came in.  Rolling hills with trees skirting the fields and farms dotting the landscape. I know this as I pulled up Google Earth and put in my daughters address. I love Goggle Earth as it gives you an amazing view from above. So now most is housing developments. A very nice area of expensive homes. There are like a zillion turns one has to make to get to her house however.  I remember when I was doing design work I always made house calls and finding some folks houses was no easy task but I always found the homes with no problems.  Now days of course most everyone including us has a GPS. But still my fave method is writing the directions in large print beside me on the seat. I am old school as they say.

My walk was interesting this morning. There was a brisk breeze coming from the north that kept me cool. On the country road there was a farmers wife on her riding lawnmower cutting the grass along the front of their property. It was stirring up a good amount of dust which I had to walk through as I had no recourse. So of course about ten minutes later I started sneezing and my head filled. I wish I was not so allergic to dust and smoke. I am really sensitive to smoke so it is hard for me to enjoy a campfire. The other night when we were using wood chips and rosemary springs in the charcoal cooker the smoke caused me to have to allergy attack. That is not fun! These things never bothered me in the past it has just been the past couple of years I have become so sensitive to them.

Tonight for dinner we are having grilled bone-in chicken thighs. I will precook them as usual as they are hard to get done on the charcoal grill.  I am going to make a green rice pilaf and iceberg lettuce salad with tomato,cucumber and onion and ranch dressing as I made ranch dressing last night for our stuffed bakers.
Tomorrow I am going to make Bizcochitos cookies. They are a savory/sweet cookie and the main star in the recipe is anise seeds. This will be my first experience making them but I have tasted them before and loved them. They are more common in Europe. If I like this recipe I will share it with you. I am hoping they will be wonderful as I want to fill a wide mouth mason quart jar with the cookies stacked inside and topped with a fabric cap covering the lid and a ribbon of twine with the recipe attached. This will make a cute container with a bit of whimsy to take to my daughter.

I am going to leave you now on this beautiful summer Saturday. I still have much I want to accomplish today. For one thing my dear husband is going to wash my rig so I will clean the inside after he is through with the outside. I will then have a nice clean car for my trip to Portland. It has always been important to me to have a clean rig when I start on a trip. Also today I have some business paperwork to attend to in the office and must do a load of laundry. So off I go.
Have a good day!






No comments:

Post a Comment