Sunday, August 3, 2014

OUR DECK

I added an extra table, two chairs and umbrella to the deck. So now I have two seating area's. As we are having company tonight for dinner I just wanted to have a little more space to gather. I have had the little white metal bistro set for years. We always had porches in the past and this little set was perfect for sitting and having a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the afternoon or evening.

I have been cleaning house today as I have been somewhat neglectful and just tending to the things that I must. 
I am making pizza and salad tonight for our guests. It is easy as I can to do all the prep work ahead so I do not have to do a thing while company is here but get the pizza dough ready and add the prepared ingredients. The salad will be made ahead as well as the dressing. The dough is rising as I type.
I always love to have as much done when possible when the guests arrive so I can enjoy myself also.

Our steak last night was heaven in our mouths. I like the new thing I am doing which is making a parsley garlic butter bar. I mix soft unsalted butter with flat leaf parsley and minced garlic and then form a roll out of it and put it back in the fridge. When the steak comes off the grill I then cut slices of the butter mix and put on top the steak cover with foil and let it rest for 8-10 minutes. When I remove the foil the butter has melted leaving the green parsley and garlic on the steak top like a chimichurri sauce. Oh it taste wonderful. We split the ribeye steak something we always do because by the time we have a side salad and a slice of crusty hot sourdough bread with butter it is plenty. After we cleaned up the dinner mess we took the last dredges of our wine outdoors and sat in the patio chairs and looked at the face in the half moon and stayed until the first stars peeked out. It was such a nice evening, warm but not to warm, a very soft gentle summer breeze and the sky was a twilight blue. I will certainly miss summer when fall slips in and chases her away.

Well this past fifteen minutes I have been resting my back. I took another long walk this morning before it got warm and have been busy with cleaning floors and vacuuming so it needed a rest. Now onto the rest of my chores.

Have a lovely summer Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment