Thursday, August 28, 2014

GRANDSON TYSON, LYNDSEY AND OLIVIA ENGAGEMENT PHOTO'S.

This will soon be the Jarvi family come September 7th.  Just look at Olivia so proudly holding her O for the camera. She is a little ham. In my mind they are such an adorable family, full of love for one another and their sweet little daughter.
So the family is looking so forward to this event a late summer wedding in a park along the side of a meandering river.  I wonder if little Olivia will play a part in the wedding? We will have to wait and see.
My husband and I will be staying with my daughter Gina and her husband Douglas. We will arrive Friday afternoon and the four of us will be dining that evening at Gustav's restaurant in Portland. My hubby so adores german food, then Saturday we will spend the day at my daughters home watching OREGON football a very important game with Michigan State. Then Sunday afternoon is the wedding. So it will be a busy weekend, we will head back home to Eugene Monday morning. Then my husband starts another round of jobs.

It is lovely today but still a little hot to my liking. I have put a chair and umbrella and my little side table in the back yard just off the deck. The grass is lush and green and it just feels cooler when you toes are tucked into the thick grass. I hope to sit there for a small while today reading.

I have done a good deal today and it is barely afternoon. The house is cleaned even the floors are vacuumed and mopped. I have completed a few office chores and tended my outdoor and indoor plants. I still must hose the deck(late afternoon) and make a couple loaves of chocolate zucchini bread.
The pork roast I made in the slow cooker yesterday was so tender and juicy. I am going share how I make a pork loin roast in the Crockpot.
I purchase about a two and half to three pound boneless pork roast and make a rub of kosher salt, black pepper, cumin, coriander, garlic powder and paprika and rub all the parts of the roast.
I put a liner in my slow cooker and add about a third of a cup of apple cider or apple juice. To that I add chopped shallots, onion and garlic. I then lay the roast in. Put on the lid.......that all folks. About seven hours later you will have an amazing juicy tender roast. Last night I shredded some of the pork and we had taco's and tostado's.  I made myself a healthy tostado. My husband enjoyed several taco's.

Well I must head to the kitchen and pull my favorite toy my kitchenaid mixer and make my zucchini bread. 
Have a nice afternoon you all. Summer is winding down and soon the brisk air of autumn will be here and I for one so love that.


No comments:

Post a Comment