Monday, August 11, 2014

HOT THUNDERY SKY LAST NIGHT

This sky photo taken from the back door last night. When I stepped out onto the back deck the heat assaulted me with it's intensity and humidity. There was an odor in the air, not quite metallic but bordering near to that. It was still and eerie. I took a couple of photos and retreated to the cool of our house. It was not long after and we heard the rumbling of thunder and later a quick shower came through though when I walked on the wet deck later the heat still had not abated.
I would have liked to stayed up to see the super moon but we both had to be up bright and early this morning. So sadly no super moon photos for us.

I have dye on my hair as I sit here and type. The last dye I put on my hair gave it orange highlights which were to be caramel but believe me it was not. So today I put on a neutral light brown trying to mellow that effect. I really do not need to dye my hair as the only place on my head that is going gray are my temples but I notice when I put dye on my hair every few months it gives my hair more body. When I was a young woman my hair was dark brown with reddish highlights. That was natural for me. But my hair seems to be fading and losing it's richness as the years go by.

So today I am off to pick up one pair of glasses I do not suppose my sunglasses are ready yet as the lenses were a special order. I would be thrilled if they happen to be as I am leaving for Portland tomorrow. As it works out my husband will not be working the days I am at my daughter so he will have his own time in the house to watch the movies he likes and do his own thing(he loves having the kitchen to himself.) It is nice sometimes having time to oneself.

Tonight my husband is making dinner for me. He will make one of his Hungarian specialties. He is on a job today and will stop and buy the ingredients on the way home.
This afternoon I will make my first of many roaster pans full of tomatoes for sauce. The tomatoes are coming now faster than we can eat them fresh. So they will made into tomato sauce to be enjoyed this winter for pasta, pizza and whatever.

The cookies I made yesterday are quite different. A savory sweet crunchy and topped with cinnamon sugar. I have not the time this morning to share the recipe but will do that when I return home. I think it will be a great cookie to go along with coffee or tea. In fact my hubby took two along this morning to have with his coffee and he already had breakfast!

Well I must go take care of my hair. I will not write again until I return in a few days. I am excited for this little outing with my daughter.
Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment