Wednesday, August 6, 2014

FISH AND CHIPS

This will be our meal late afternoon so it will double for a late lunch and early dinner. Yeah I have the night off from the kitchen. Our fave place in Eugene for fish and chips other than my own kitchen is Newman's Fish Grotto. We are stopping there as we will be nearby at the eye wear store.

My husband has just left for the home improvement store to buy a couple bags of cement. He needs to fix our sidewalk as it is being lifted up  by the roots of our tree that resides between the street and the sidewalk. He is going to make a ramp on both sides of the up-heaved sidewalk.
I am so fortunate that my hubby makes all the repairs to our home. Of course he was a home builder for many years so he can do it all. It really saves us a lot of money as charges for home repairs are expensive.

I have my main house chores done and will walk here directly. I skipped yesterday as my shins were sore but back to it today. And it is cooler today only to be a nice comfortable 83 degree's. I like that. So I am not too worried about it being to hot at nine-thirty when I will walk. I have been getting out the door at eight or earlier in order to avoid the heat.

I heard from my daughter Gina she and her husband are off to join his family on a camping trip in central Oregon. They have been there quite a few times this summer. They love it over there as that is where they both grew up. They looked at a piece of property there to buy for a summer place but the lot was not to their liking so the search continues.
I will be off to my daughters next week in Portland for two nights. The time there will be packed full with seeing my grandchildren and my daughter and I going to lunch and shopping and whatever else we can find to amuse ourselves. I am looking very forward to this getaway though the time goes so fast. I love spending time with her it is always a fun time as we are best friends as well as mother and daughter. I am very fortunate I have such an amazing person in my life.
When I go up to Portland and farther north as I do sometimes to see my brother there are others that I never see that I would love to visit as I grew up in that area. I have a dear friend we met in our first year of high school, I have other high school friends I have not seen for years, I have an ex sister-in-law I am still very close with. I have shirttail relations and nieces and nephews and cousins. It would take me a week or better to see all that I would truly like to see.
This trip I will not be going north of Portland as my brother will be coming here to visit us the last week in August. I am so happy he is making this effort to do so as he has not been here in for a few years.

Well I have no other chatter and I had better tie on those walking shoes and head out the door, down the street to the country road where I walk. All is so summery out today no haze in the sky it is pristine. It will be a good walk. 
Later.




No comments:

Post a Comment