Monday, December 17, 2012

APPLE CARAMEL GALETTE


Posted by PicasaI must say this was delish! So good there is not one bite left it disappeared very quickly. A nice scoop of vanilla bean ice cream plopped on top made for perfection.
I love making galette's they are easy and so pretty. The one made from local italian prunes this past summer was sumptuous. I also love the combination of pear and apple and peach is amazing. Well seems I like them all!
There is something that needs to be noted however when making galette's. You need to be very careful when folding up the edges of the crust that you do not puncture it anywhere. Check carefully for this as if there are holes or even one hole in the crust the juice will run out all over your baking pan and your galette will be be dry. I have done this and believe me it is not fun getting that gooey baked on juice off your baking sheet besides the fact that your galette is ruined. So beware.

I did not get to making applesauce yesterday as I was lazy! So that is certainly a to-do for today. We love home-made chunky applesauce and it is so easy to make.
As well today I must make out my grocery list for our Christmas festivities  I do not want to forget a thing as I do not want to deal with the stores anymore than need be.
So tomorrow I will finish up the gift buying and stop at the meat market to pick up my ham, then home. Then Thursday my usual grocery shopping day I will finish all the food items.  
The office also needs my attention today so that will entail a hour or so this morning as well as general house cleaning. So a busy day for Zo.

If my Mother were still living it would be her birthday today. December 17th. So she will be on my mind today as I go about my daily doings. I wish she were here so I could call her up and chat about this and that. But I can talk to her regardless, I know she will hear me. Oh how I miss that woman. Do we ever quit missing our Mom's? I wonder.
I am going to share a little poem at the end of the blog that my Mother sent me years ago. It is perfect for today.

We had a good deal of wind throughout the evening last night. I woke in the middle of the night and you could hear it coming toward the house for a minute or so before the gust would actually hit. It was as they say howling. It rained quite heavy at times during the night. I was thankful for my warm comfortable bed. 
This morning as I type the rain is heavy on the roof. The wind seems to have subsided. The mountains are to receive heavy snow over the next couple of days. Ahhh winter is here at our doorstep.

I will now listen to Christmas songs on my Pandora radio and slip out of my morning attire into some jeans and a soft cozy flannel shirt.

"The Poem"
What could be nicer than seeing your smile
being with you and just talking a while.....
Laughing and chatting about all that is new
fondly recalling our memories too.
And though were apart, I hope we'll soon be,
enjoying each other's warm company.

For you Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment