Sunday, December 16, 2012

CHRISTMAS TREE 2012


Posted by PicasaSo here sits our tree in all of it's glory. A seven foot wonder and I will say so much easier to decorate than the ten foot trees which is our norm. Now we wait for Santa to put some presents under the tree.
So the house is done now on to the food and drink planning. As you know I am a planner so the Christmas meal is set as well as the deserts. My husbands client who owns a farm gave us bags of several varieties of apples. So I will make a deep dish apple pie along with my usual rum cake. I made an apple galette yesterday as well I have been eating an apple a day. Those apples no matter the variety are crispy, juicy and so fresh, right off the trees. I have not yet decided what to have for our Christmas Eve meal. My son may be here that evening also or he may come Christmas morning. Either way I am leaning toward steaks, grilled outdoors weather permitting. If that is not possible I can make a great steaks in the cast iron skillet. Perhaps just a cesar salad to go with. I just want something simple and comforting. A piece of rum cake with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream would top the meal off perfectly. I will buy a nice bottle of melbec great with steak. So idea's are whizzing around in my mind.

Sunday today and my honey is hard at work continually it seems at this point. I really do not do much on Sunday's. I am hoping for a walk but it looks so daunting out right now. Wet and cold and a bit of a frosty breath in the air. No thanks, but maybe by this afternoon the sky will have brightened a bit. It is the most I can hope for.

I made an amazing recipe last night. I will not post the recipe as you can do so yourself by pulling up Cauliflower soup and going to the Ree Drumonds recipe. She has the pioneer woman blog. This is her granny's recipe.
The only thing I changed in the recipe was to add a sprinkle or so of Mrs. Dash.  I do love the way she makes her white cream sauce much easier than my version. 
So we dined on a very creamy cauliflower soup with Lisa's Parmesan cheese spread bread. A recipe I have shared several times.
As we have a half pot of soup left tonight I will slowly reheat it and serve panini's to the side. I will just make one and we will split  I have a good sourdough and I will tuck inside jack and cheddar cheese, slices of tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. They will be so yummy and gooey to dip into that lovely soup.

Well I am off to tidy the house it will not take much effort this morning. It is an easy, perhaps lazy day for me.
Have a super Sunday.






No comments:

Post a Comment