Saturday, December 8, 2012

BENGAL KITTEN


Posted by PicasaJust look at this little fellow. How cute!
I am thinking that perhaps in the future I will want  one of these Bengal cats or least a mix. I love their look and their intelligence. They even like water and you can train them to go on the toilet. How great is that? Don't know how hubby would be with a pet as he has no patience where pets are concerned at least with other folks pets. Me neither for that respect unless they are well behaved. I have always been more of a cat person than a dog person. However in the past I had both and a lot of them but not in the past 30 years.
I am not quite ready to be a mommy yet but maybe at some point. At least we are not traveling now like in the past. At the most we are gone for three or four days at a time. At least with a cat you can put food out and if they use the toilet well there you go!

It is cold here today. I did take a short walk earlier it was not to cold but I was dressed a little warmer compared to what it is my usual walking attire.
It is a dismal day though no getting around it. I have tired to keep my spirits high but the gray does press in on you. Since daylight this morning it has been a ugly gray low hanging sky. Not one flicker of brightness just the same gray throughout the day.
I pulled out the Christmas decor and did a small display on the front porch step area. Such a tight area I cannot do much but I took one of my favorite baskets and filled it with assorted cones, and little birdhouse and a bird. Hung my Christmas wreath I always use made by my Mother years ago. A patchwork stuffed affair. I added new ribbon this year to give it a new look.
I did the dining room table very simply this year. A old piece of lace adorns the middle of the table on it sits an old oil lamp, a Christmas book, a Christmas poem by Shakespeare in a gold wooden frame and two small brass dear and candles. I am keeping things very low key this year. The tree will make a statement everything else is balanced throughout the house just a touch here and there.
So tomorrow I will finish that little project. I am cleaning as I go along so it takes a little longer.

I am going to leave you now. I cannot blog about food as we are having those amazing leftover scalloped potatoes again tonight. I will make some glazed carrots to go along with the broccoli and some garlic bread. I am going to roast to the garlic and then squeeze the bulbs over a split buttered baguette then top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkle of thyme and basil.

I have time now to read before hubby comes through the door. I managed to finish that somewhat boring book. I did not enjoy it so much but once I get into a book so far I will not quit. This new book is a page turner from the get-go. Good, I enjoy that.

So from this grim and gray world here in Eugene I will leave you, until another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment