Friday, December 21, 2012

PIZZA PIE TONIGHT


Posted by PicasaI am making pizza this evening. For the first time I will use my dough hook on my Kitchen Aid mixer. I have had my mixer for about three years and have yet to try kneading dough in this manner. 
So homemade pizza crust with some wonderful toppings sounds about perfect tonight.

So we are still here on this earth today. Makes me a happy woman. Not that I felt anything was going to happen but who can say for sure. 
Now I can concentrate on Christmas preparations.
Today I am making up the dough for my Granny's Christmas cookies. As they are rolled cookies and the dough needs to be chilled I will wrap the dough in plastic wrap and tuck in the fridge and make them tomorrow.
Over the weekend then I will make the rum cake and apple galette's. Hubby told me wants the galette's instead of a deep dish apple pie so I will oblige him even though I will need to make two as they are small.

I have also decided to make my Bailey's Irish cream. My son adores this stuff in his coffee.  So I will make a fifth for him to take home and a fifth to indulge in here at the house.

Well guess what the weather is like Eugene Oregon today? Do you think it is same ol? You are so right. How many times can I go on to describe, grim, gray, wet, gloomy and chilly? However there is nothing I can do about it at least it is not freezing cold with thigh deep snow and high winds like the east coast is getting today.
What foul weather they have in that part of the country. It seems they are always dealing with something or other. No thanks. 

This is crazy but I am antsy today as I finished my last book yesterday and thought I had another stashed away to read, but there is none.......makes me sad. So I looked through my bookcase which holds many books but could not find one I could reread that I would not remember at least parts of it. So now what? I do not know when I will get back over to where I get my books at this point either. So that means I will have to go cold turkey for a week without a read! Don't know that I can do that.

I will let you know tomorrow about my experience with the dough hook and pizza dough. Could be interesting. 
I remember one time a friend had given me a pasta machine. So I set my new machine up reading all the instructions and assembled my ingredients. I put the dough in the machine and as the dough started to form it flew out of the top of the container and wads of dough shot about the kitchen like baseballs and rained down on me.  I was afraid for my life before I got it shut  off. 
I am not a gadget or machine person usually preferring to use my own hands.  So I am a little hesitant to try the dough hook, who knows what could happen.

We have watched two Christmas shows so far. The first, Charlie Browns Christmas Tree. Remember that old classic? We enjoyed it.
Then last night we watched the CMA Christmas show. It was really good. Our favorite folks are Band Perry a very talented trio of two brothers and their sister and her voice is amazing. Also Little Big Town are an extremely talented foursome. They sing so beautifully their voices just melding perfectly together. But I have to say the star of the evening was Jennifer Nettles. She is nine months pregnant ready to give birth at any moment and there she is in all of her huge baby bump glory singing her heart out with that incredible voice of hers. She did an excellent job of being the MC for the evening.

Well off to make cookie dough and then perhaps a hot buttered rum. Seems I am a little chilled today.
Only four days till Christmas.
I best make haste.



No comments:

Post a Comment