Sunday, December 23, 2012

THE RUM CAKE RUSH IS ON


Posted by PicasaThe rush is on to get the rum cake made. The photo is of last year's cake. It will look the same this year so why take a new photo when there is no time.
I should not even be posting today but my fingers are flying across the keyboard I will be quick.

I raced to the store this morning for a few fresh things for the Christmas table, now back to tidy the house. The kitchen counter is an array of gift wrap, bows, ribbons and tape awaiting the purchases I need to snatch from their hiding spaces to turn into gifts.
Hubby will be home a little earlier today so I must make haste in wrapping his gifts. 
Then on to Rum cake and the prepping of other Christmas delights.

For dinner tonight I grabbed some chicken pieces from the freezer. I think there are a couple of thigh's and drumsticks so I will throw them in the red soup pot to boil away and then pick the meat off their little bones. Saute some celery  onions and carrots in some olive oil and butter toss in some fresh herbs add the boned chicken back into the pot and top off with chicken broth and more seasonings. At the end I will add a handful of noodles. Yahoo dinner is made! Two crispy chabata rolls will round out the meal.

It is so dark today. But my mood is bright. The house is cozy with Christmas lights burning and Christmas music playing. I have cinnamon wax scent in my scentsy pot. The house surely embraces the holiday spirit. 

So off I go to wrap gifts and then on the to the baking list.
Hope you are having a sunny Sunday where you are if not you can make a sunny mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment