Monday, December 3, 2012

BARN IN WNTER


I rather stumbled across this photo on the internet. This is so like the barn on the farm where I grew up. The roof shape is a different but the front of the barn and how sits among the tree's is oh so familiar. 
I can see myself as a young child trudging up to the barn and grabbing a hold of the wooden handle and with all my might sliding the door open. 
I have many memories of our old barn and not all of them are good. The barn scared me as a child. It was big and dark and the corners were filled with things unseen. A good guess would be bats, mice and spiders at least in my mind. But it was always an adventure for a little girl to go to the barn but safer for me with big brother or Mom and Dad.

It is another cloudy day some light and bright some hanging  dark and about to drip. We are hoping it will stay dry as hubby is home today and we want to take a hot tub later. The water is oh so hot and sparkling clean just waiting for us. 
Tonight three stars are aligned in the heavens. Venus  Mercury and Saturn. This only occurs every 2,737 years. They are aligned right above the middle of three pyramids in Giza. Now this very phenomenal and we hope to see them in the night sky if weather permits.

We are out to lunch this afternoon. We are going to North Bank a brew pub right on the Willamette river. Best view of the river in the city for dining. We love their burgers and greasy fries, yes you heard me right, their greasy fries! We do ask for extra crispy it helps some but though we hate to admit it those grease drenched fries that stick together in the basket are treat. And come on how often do we eat them? Like once a year. So we enjoy!!!
Then it is home to play golf on Wii. We are certainly making the best of a day off for my husband.

Tomorrow in my kitchen I am roasting a lovely boneless organic rib roast. I am going to treat it like a prime rib. I have a great recipe with an earthy rub that gets all crispy while it bakes. For sides I am having roasted yukon gold potatoes and creamy corn. Sounds quite home style and a little rich. Goes without saying hubby will want his horseradish sauce to go with the meat. 
Then the end of the week my husband is doing the honors making boiled sausage in dark beer and paprika potatoes, and a coleslaw. I will make the coleslaw nothing better than my mommies recipe. I will look forward to basically a night off in the kitchen.

I must get a face on for our lunch date. So I had better get moving the older I get the longer it takes.
Ciao




No comments:

Post a Comment