Wednesday, December 12, 2012

MY CHRISTMAS TABLE WITH ALL THINGS OLD.


Posted by PicasaI finished my table yesterday. I am happy with it as all that sits upon it is old and treasured except for the tea light holders. 
I have photo's of me as a very little girl perhaps two years old holding this doll. My mother took the doll to have it repaired and gave it to me as an adult.....how sweet and thoughtful she was.

I am wondering if young folks today will treasure what their parents and grandparents leave to them? Even with my own children and grandchildren I wonder how much will be appreciated and used or will be kept to be passed on to more generations.
I really do not feel that this will be the case with most of the younger generations. It was more prevalent to pass on things when I was growing up.  In respect to all those younger folks I know it has turned into a throwaway world. It seems now day's it is just easier to use and toss. However in this household it is not the norm. We are old school and treasure what is old and well used.
I so adore it when I grab a utensil from my kitchen drawer, or a linen from the closet or a thread bare quilt that these very items were things my mother, grandmother or father used in their daily lives.
I surprised that anyone makes quilts any longer except for showing at exhibits and such. Now days you can be quite warm and cozy picking up a fleece throw for ten dollars, when it gets icky looking you toss it out and buy another. So  is the way of life now. That's OK things move forward and on and I do not want to have an "old persons" attitude about such things, besides hubby has a fleece throw! All I am saying is we need to appreciate what was given to us or passed on. Keep it well cared for to pass on and respect where it came from.
Well I must go now and take of care of my daily doings as usual.
Have a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment