Monday, December 24, 2012

YESTERDAY MORNING GIFT WRAPPING


Posted by PicasaI wrapped the gifts for my hubby and son yesterday morning. Now they are tucked under the tree awaiting tomorrow morning.
My son Mike will be here early Christmas day. We are looking so forward to having him.
We thought he may come for tonight's little Christmas Eve celebration but it will just be the two of us which is usually the norm.
I am following through with what I planned. Flat iron steaks in the black iron skillet and a mixed green salad with my mother's blue cheese dressing and baked potatoes with the works.
After the flat iron steak has set with little pats of butter topping under a piece of foil for ten minutes,  I slice it thin and stack it beside the salad. It is so heavenly dunked in that blue cheese dressing. 
I have a nice bottle of wine we will share. Then we will settle down and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" for the millionth time.
Last night we watched "Christmas with the Krank's."
It is a silly Christmas show with Jamie lee Curtis and Tim Allen. We like both of them so it is always enjoyable to us.

My husband will be home around two today and will wrap his gifts for me. Wrap is a stretch  He plops them into a gift bag and grabs a handful of tissue to cover the items with. Oh well better than his wrapping believe that is not pretty site.

I am down to making the apple galette and another quart of applesauce today and the Irish cream. So am on my way to being done.

It is gray here today but no rain is called for. Tomorrow however it is to rain and rain and rain all day. So we will have a merry little soggy Christmas.

The chicken noodle soup I threw together last night was very tasty. My hubby said to me, how can just grab this and that and toss it in the pot and it taste this good? Anyhow it certainly warmed us body and soul. I will have another bowl for lunch today. That is the good thing about soup it always taste better the next day as all the flavors meld even more together.

I woke early this morning. For me there is always a sense of wonderment and excitement on Christmas Eve day. I am like a little child in that respect. I do love it. I put the coffee to brew first thing and then turned on all the Christmas lights and started the Christmas music. My husband was laughing at me it was 6:00 AM and dark windows faced us and here I excited as a elf.
I will leave you now on this Christmas Eve day and get into my kitchen and finish my baking.
Have a good Christmas Eve day. There is always something to be thankful for and I tend to look toward those things this time of year. 
When  I awoke this morning I was thinking how thankful I was to have a very cozy warm bed.  So many of the homeless and less fortunate are in tents, make shift shelters and what have you. I cannot imagine how cold and grim that must be especially this time of year.
I so wish everyone could be warm and have a home.
Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment