Wednesday, July 30, 2014

ISLE OF CAPRI

Could not resist posting this photo of the Isle of Capri. Howwould you like to be sitting here? Talk about a room with a view. I am telling you right now if it were not such a long flight I would make this trip happen. It is such a grand place filled with history and still maintaining the Old Italian culture.
In the current book I am now reading part of story took place here on the Isle of Capri. The writer said though she has traveled extensively this island is the most romantic island she has ever visited. 
I could just see my husband and I here, enjoying the sea and the food the culture and one another. I am just in awe of this amazing place at the moment.

Another day in the nineties today. We now have an unattractive brown front yard. When we were away for a week in central Oregon  the heat took a toll on the grass in the front yard. No matter how much we water at this point it will not be revived to it's green lushness. So be it. When the winter rains come and spring appears next year all will be green once more. Our backyard is thriving as it is surrounded by trees that keeps the sun and the heat at bay. We spend all our time in our backyard and on our back deck so I am thankful all looks so inviting and lush there.

I put a boneless pork butt roast into the slow cooker this morning I made a rub of kosher salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, cumin and coriander and rubbed into both sides of the roast. Placed it in the slow cooker with a large spring of rosemary and a handful of fresh thyme. Then I added about a third of a cup of apple cider to the bottom of the cooker. In about seven-to eight hours the roast will be fork tender and taste of sweet apples and bright herbs. Tonight that roast will be served with smashed yukon gold potatoes with pork gravy(made from the drippings) corn on the cob from the farm and our own tomatoes and cukes in the tangy marinade mix I posted a couple of days ago. It will be a nice summer meal. Tomorrow the pork roast will be morphed into pork taco's served with black beans. 

I have much to do today and I have promised myself I will get all done that I need to. The kitchen, nook and family room floors need cleaning, all the furniture in the family room and living room needs waxing or cleaning.  And I will attend to the main bath.
Tomorrow I am going shopping. I need clothes and new sandals and I am going to check out new eyewear frames as I need new glasses. So a busy day tomorrow. But maybe a fun one if I find what I need fairly soon and not get overwhelmed and frustrated as I am not the best shopper.
Nothing gets to me more than expending the time and effort to go shopping and then not finding what I like. It is just huge waste of time.

I must get on with the list of chores.
So have a nice hump day and enjoy these hot long summer days as they will be gone before you realize it.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment