Saturday, October 6, 2012

A DUCKY PUMPKIN


Posted by PicasaWell here he is once again. I posted this photo last year. So now he sits once again in our family room. So why take another photo when it is all the same this year?
Our game tonight is with Washington at home. We expect to do well, but those that know college ball know anything can happen at any time. 
Another late game hard to stay awake in the 4th quarter no matter what the score. On a normal day we go to bed quite early like ten at the latest and are up at six.

We are having huge lobsters tonight for the game. I have them prepped and posing in the fridge. The salad and dressing are made and I am slowly sipping champagne. It is a while yet before the game starts so I must be aware. Do not want to be asleep when it starts lol.

Another day of accomplishments. Hubby has the hot tub HOT! He may take the first soak of the season after the game tonight(if he is still awake). Good luck with that.
Today I made applesauce and pickles too. I make a little pickle recipe that I will not share....... it is a secret because it is so easy it is truly embarrassing. I get so many compliments on these pickles and just say thanks as what else can I say? A ten year old could do this recipe. But regardless I will take the compliments and enjoy the celebrity of the best sweet/dill pickle anyone has ever tasted.....well whatever.
So I had fun in my kitchen today.
I re-covered two dining room chairs in the new fabric. They do look smashing! I will do the rest tomorrow.

My older brother called this afternoon and I had to spend time talking with him. I love him so. We are the only two left of our immediate family so it is so important to be in touch and share stories and love. We were on the phone for over an hour that is our usual time for a visit. So the chair cushions can wait.

My granddaughter's Kali's birthday is tomorrow. She is a little doll always has been. A small gal with a big personality. She is my youngest granddaughter. She is a CNA at the moment but will taking additional training starting in January. She is very excited about that. 
This summer she gave me about eight tops. What a deal. I have worn them all this summer. She was so funny bringing this one to me then that one and saying, Gramma try this on it will be so cute on you!
Well what can I say other than I am smashing in my granddaughter's Kali's clothes! Too sweet.

Well I will leave you now. It is time for another small glass of champagne. I need to make the croutons for the salad and we are set.

Have a fun Saturday night whatever your pleasure.
GO OREGON DUCKS !!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment