Sunday, October 7, 2012

GAME FARE



Posted by PicasaYes pretty good chow. Not the best photo's the plates lack in presentation but what can I say I had been sipping champagne waiting for the late OREGON game to start. Does that not explain it all? 
The lobster was succulent and sweet, the ribs we actually had the day before but they made for an excellent appetizer earlier in the day. 
We spanked Washington as they say. What a game in the beginning  That is the way it tends to be, a rather slow start then watch out. It is because of all the depth we have and too our endurance is amazing. Could we possibly hold that number two ranking in the nation and play Alabama for the National title? Who knows, that is many games away but fun to dream a bit.

What can I say about today that I have not said numerously this autumn season?
But I will try.
What I saw this morning when I opened the back door was cobalt blue. A sea above me of the deepest blue in the foreground were several leaf trees golden at this stage and then the dense dark green of our hedge. Combined it was a color wheel of beauty.
The air was chilly with the night time cold still hovering at it's edges.
A squirrel was running quickly along the lattice above the hot tub and I saw cat paw tracks on the spa lid. A grand place for a sleeping tabby at night as the cover is warm and comfy.
I closed the door as my arms were starting to goose bump. The just brewed hot coffee surely tasted good and warmed me through. I need to start pulling on my sweats and furry slippers now in the mornings instead of wandering out in my summer sleeping attire.
Now it has warmed and both doors are open to the fresh air of fall. Hubby has went to his sister's house for a few hours to help with a project so the house is quiet except for the bird and squirrel chatter outdoors.
I am at peace.

I had a long conversation with my son this morning. It was so nice to hear from him. He has been putting in such long hours at work he have not communicated much of late.
I wished my little granddaughter Kali a Happy Birthday. My daughter is having a celebration lunch for her today.

I will leave you now and enjoy this perfectly appointed autumn day.
Ciao.






No comments:

Post a Comment