Tuesday, October 9, 2012

MAKING APPLESAUCE


Posted by PicasaWho does not love homemade applesauce? Of course this applesauce is made with gravenstein apples. Hubby just loves it dished up plain and simple. I do too but I especially love it spooned over pancakes or waffles so yummy. What I made the other day is almost gone I will try to get another batch or two made before the apples are over for the season.

Well I started the chair seat covers yesterday but could not finish the project. I could not get the screws that hold the seats on out of the chairs. So I am stuck until hubby does that for me. Oh well I am in no rush I suppose. The covers are all cut and ready to go so once I get to it all will go fast.

Today I am off to do a bit of shopping. There are few things I need. It is a another very awesome day so will not mind a little running around but the sooner the better before the lunch hour starts. The freeways and stores surely are busier then.

Tomorrow for dinner I am making a new slow cooker recipe. I am going to make stuffed green peppers in the slow cooker I bet they will be amazing as the slow cooker really melds the flavors. I will stuff the peppers with ground pork and beef, rice and seasonings. I am using our roasted tomato sauce to cover them in. I am thinking they will be very tasty. I will serve them with mashed potatoes that is our favorite side dish with stuffed peppers.
If they turn out grand I will take a photo and share my recipe with you.

Last night we had a simple old time meal. I made a tuna noodle casserole with a white cream sauce, cheddar cheese, celery, yellow peppers, onions and peas. It is very good, creamy with the cheesy sauce and has a bit of a crunch from the celery, onions and peppers. I served it up with lots of sliced red tomatoes from our garden. We will just repeat tonight with the addition of garlic bread.

I have my lightweight down comforter in the washer. I know it is best to have it dry cleaned but it is old and I figured I would just clean it myself. It will go on our bed this afternoon. I was chilly this morning with only our lightweight cotton quilt. So the summer bedding is going away this afternoon and a fall scenario is going to take it's place.

I have nothing else to share and know this is boring so I will leave you know and get onto my chores.
I cannot wait to get outside this morning to enjoy this pristine day.
Bye for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment