Wednesday, October 24, 2012

MY SON MIKE AND BABY TYSON


Posted by PicasaI could not resist posting this as Tyson's birthday was yesterday. The quality of the photo is not good also the shadows over their heads looks odd but I love the essence of this photo. A father kissing his baby boy. Too sweet.

Oh it is so hard to get out of bed on dark rainy mornings. I must be honest and say I am rather dim witted in the morning until my coffee kicks in.

I did get a spurt of energy late yesterday afternoon and I went out to the farm and could barely find a place to park. This is their busiest time of year as they have tons of pumpkins, gourds, cornstalks and etc for Halloween. They also have hayrides, maizes, and on and on. I filled two large canvas bags with fresh produce. I bought a sack of gourds I so like to decorate with them. So I made up my Thanksgiving tablescape early evening. It is to soon of course to put out the table service and such. But the table scarf I made thirty years ago, my mother's patchwork place-mat's she made for me at least that long ago were placed on the table. The cloth napkins that I set on are different from one another but a mixture of harvest colors.  I filled a sage green wire basket with multi colored gourds and small red pine cones. On the table also sits my mother's antique oil lamp filled with red oil and an assortment of tea lights in red glass holders. All looks very inviting. I will take a photo when the table is actually set and post it. So bottom line I had fun waiting for my hubby to get home, listening to jazz, sipping wine and decorating.

Our spaghetti dinner was good and satisfying. Then after dinner cleanup we just crashed it seems. Watched a favorite show on the telle and then one of the Airiel shows on the Smithsonian channel. This time it was Rhode Island  We love these shows that are viewed looking down from the sky. We did not finish it however as we soon were drifting off into no mans land. So we will finish that this evening.

Well I need to get on with my day. Tomorrow I grocery shop for the coming week so I must configure our menu and my list of needed items. Also I have a few office duties. I will certainly try to squeeze in a walk between showers. If not I can always house walk as I call it. I put on some lively music and walk the hardwood floors throughout the house. Sometimes my walking turns into dancing if the mood strikes me. All is good though for a little exercise. 

So I will leave you now on this rainy day.




No comments:

Post a Comment