Sunday, October 28, 2012

MR AND MRS PUMPKINHEAD


Posted by PicasaWell now aren't they a cute pair? Like it says though the Mrs's is a tad pudgy so best she stay away from the Halloween treats.  

We have rain and more rain here today. It is truly gloomy what else to say?
I feel a little lonesome today. I miss my husband. He as been working every day for a long while now. Today he will be home about three or so and tomorrow he is not working :) We are going to lunch at little pub we both enjoy. It has good pub grub and delicious wine for me and good brews for hubby.  The prices are not inflated and it is a cozy place. There is one thing that though that will rattle you. It sits about a twenty ft or whatever the minimum is to the train tracks. Quite interesting when the Amtrak goes whizzing by you cannot hear yourself think and place vibrates. But other than that we love the place. We are going to split a burger tomorrow. Their burgers are repeatedly voted the best burger in town. They use organic meat from Knee Deep Cattle co in Roseburg and the way they prepare it is so juicy and tasty. We split as the burgers are 1/2 pound burgies. Who could eat a half pound burger? Though my hubby is just under 6ft-3 inches and weighs 212 lbs. he does not eat large portions. He is fit and likes to stay that way. Of course he does not have to workout as his work is a workout everyday. He does love his little junk food snacks however. That is where we are different. I am not a lover of junk food. I just do not care for most things that are packaged snack items. They all taste icky to me mostly from too much seasonings or coatings and salt. I have been known though to snack on cheezit crackers, pretzels, animal crackers, wheat thins and triscots and that about sums it up. Boring I guess. But set out a plate of cheese and above mentioned crackers and some fruit a glass of wine and watch me go at it!

I am making a new recipe this week. It is sweet and sour chicken taken from food network magazine if I remember right. I do make sweet and sour but have always used the same tried and true recipe so I am going to enjoy making this. I will make some sticky rice to go with and I am thinking perhaps some egg foo young patties as well with the good yummy sauce that goes atop them.

Did I  mention that chocolate pie I made? Well that filling turned out amazing. I stood at the stove for a half hour first stirring while the chocolate melted then stirring again after adding the rest of the ingredients to thicken it. My husband said this is the best chocolate pie I have ever eaten. The pudding in the pie is silky rich and just melts in your mouth. With the tender crust and the whipped cream piled high on top it is sensual. I put little gold stars on my recipe card. I like to do that as it helps me when I thumbing through the recipes as it reminds me to make it again and that it was wonderful.

I have Pandora radio on the internet playing as I type. I have it on piano solo's so lovely and just perfect with the rain splattering the windows.

My dear friend called this morning. It is always so good to hear her voice. She has a distinctive voice so I recognize it immediately. Her poor hubby has been so ill for quite sometime now. My heart goes out to them as I know how hard it has been for them. A completely different lifestyle for them now.
A pacemaker was just installed this past week so now he will begin to feel better I am happy for them.

I will leave you now and go about doing a couple of gross chores........bathrooms need I say more? I usually never do things like that on Sunday but without my hubby here it will keep me busy and I will accomplish something.
Have a nice Sunday even if it is raining. 
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment