Saturday, October 20, 2012

BUTTERY CUPCAKES WITH LEMON FROSTING


Posted by PicasaNow this little project entailed about two hours plus in the kitchen. I had forgotten how long baking cupcakes from scratch took by the time you make a couple of batches and cool them and make frosting and frost them. Whew!
It sure brought back memories though. I made cupcakes for my two children throughout their young lives. Before I would start baking anything, cookies, cakes whatever the kids would have to choose who got the beaters or the bowl. Well the bowl was mighty popular but knowing that the beaters held less I always kept a good amount of batter on them. It took longer to lick the beaters than to swipe out the bowl with little fingers. So I suppose it was really toss up. Now days I would not let them do that. I guess I never thought about raw eggs. But they survived.
Funny how doing something like making cupcakes put me back to those days with my little ones. It made for a fun couple of hours to reflect.

Tonight I am making my rendition of the Olive Gardens Zuppa Toscana soup. I think mine is every bit as delicious  It is a soup made from spicy italian sausage, potatoes, greens in a creamy broth. Makes my mouth water to know I will be having a big deep bowl of that tonight along with an artisan loaf of semolina sesame bread. This bread is dense and chewy on the inside and crusty crunchy on the outside. So good for dipping in the soup.
We are going to watch the OREGON STATE game tonight while we eat. The game starts at seven they are playing Utah. I even am wearing the orange and black today in honor of OSU and Halloween of course. I am all for OSU to do well. Makes me proud to have two Oregon teams so high in the ratings. However I am a OREGON DUCK fan through and through. So obviously when the Civil War game rolls around I will be screaming GO DUCKS! That may well be our hardest game and it will not help us that it is at Corvallis this year.

I did spot the sun this morning for about a half hour but that was the extent of it. It is just gray today out there like an ol wool blanket spread over the sky. Oh well if I can get a quick walk in that will be good if not I will survive. It is that time of year sometimes I get the walk in sometimes not.
When the weather turns like it has at this point I certainly do get more interested in doing things in the house which is a good thing. I do not mean like cleaning necessarily but you know little projects, things I have been wanting to tend to. Also I love to change little area's up like rearranging accessories.
I am quite stuck in the family room as far as changing up the furniture. It fits one way and that is it. The living room I have a little more flexibility. However it is always fun for me to re-accessorize. I have a large dresser in the quest room that holds my extra accessories. So I can get a new look occasionally by trading items out and setting themes to go along with the season. So my mind is always calculating as I walk through my home imagining this here and that there.
Seems I have always been that way. A good thing I suppose as that led me to a career in the design field.

I am looking forward to this coming week and not looking forward to it at the same time. Reason being I need to shop for a mattress set. I dislike shopping and shopping for a mattress set is equivalent to shopping for a swimsuit when you know you are too old to be wearing one. Not fun either one of these shopping excursions.
I think we are going for a Temperpedic. Maybe not the brand but a good memory foam mattress with a solid core. I am through with the innerspring's. I heard latex foam is good also. The cost of these types of mattress's for a king are prohibitive. But we must bite the bullet as they say and go for it. So that is my task this coming week. I am so tired getting up in the morning with a crimp in my back. I roll over so many times a night to get comfy so the sleep I do get is not restful. So it is time. 

I am going to leave you now and take a chance on walking. It is still gray but not raining. That does not mean it will not shower on me. I so like living on the edge lol.
Ciao






No comments:

Post a Comment